What's new

I am not joking......Just asking.......

raksmey1309

Imagine if my CPU speed is 10 Ghz if u say that's not fast enough let's imagine if i have NASA Computer will Dolphin run full speed....
Sorry to ask u that....
But i wonder....

JinXD

Nobody can say what would be "enough" hardware for emulating the gamecube and/or Dolphin. Once the emulator is more advanced we can start having such discussions.

DOGG

if your 2ghz computer gets 5fps at the lowest point in a game, you would need at least a 20ghz computer for it to run full speed. 24ghz for 60hz mode.

Of course this would be completely useless as the games still wouldn't work

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
It's been stated that even a fictonal theoretic "Super Computer" would still not be able to achieve full speed, due to the buggy code. I don't think anything can change that.

silenus

Poet from Hyperion
i think that when the emu has been more developed
or the dolphin team find a way
dolphin will not require such a monstrous pc

Djmack8000

I love PIE!
what about mod chips/a gamecube chip you sodder into your comp (i'm not sure what the're called)? I've herd about them, esp for ps2 and x box, but know relativly nothing

DOGG

ummmm mod chips go into the console not the computer. and they enable you to play things like backups and dvds and do other things.

and you can't just solder a gamecube chip into your computer man that's outrageous. it's not a lego set where you join parts and they magically work.

Wuigi

Yeah.

I think it's just a matter of time until Dolphin gets better..

I've got a really good comp, and I know that Gamecube itself doesn't use that good of a set-up. So it's the emu and the fact that they games have to be made for PC so you can play them right.

But hey, just wait a bit and it'll all get better.

Pky

I just think that not, either there isn't a cpu power that's enable to run it perfectly. And i suposse the code of dolphin may have some bugs, i'm not in it. Good luck

Wuigi

The GC has a not so good system, and the games are written ONLY for it, so it's fast..

We're just talking the same thing and putting it on PC, of course it will be slower. But it can be improved.. And that's what I think will happen with later releases.

LAjacky

Cost a lot of money to buy a 10GHz CPU only for GameCube Game. = =|||
Waiting for a better version would be a smart idea.

Last edited:

Pky

Don't double post :s . And .. you won't have to wait 2 years....

somehow 4... or more maybe ( luckily 4 or 5).