note that advancemame scale2x is already implemented

update: same black screen in metroid fusion :(
i think that it is a kind of bug from the vbadx9 and not the filter
same black screen with no filter
with original vba these games work

hope you can fix it

Last edited:

Spacy

If the bug was there in 1.8.0 beta, I can do nothing about it. If I did it wrong, then it shouldn't be hard to find.

BTW, the thing with the 16bit HQ filter is really annoying me, I just can't find that damn artifact thing. I think looked at the whole HQ3x source and changed and converted everything correctly from int to short, I took care for the colors and the interpolation but nevertheless there are artifacts in 16bit mode. I searched for over 2 hours.
Don't know what to do about that o.o"

OP
optimus$prime

optimus$prime

Spacy said:
If the bug was there in 1.8.0 beta, I can do nothing about it. If I did it wrong, then it shouldn't be hard to find.

using vba 1.8.0 beta 2 there is no bug
i have just testet it

Spacy

I have the same bug, but I found a solution: Options>Video>DisableSFX
Seems like there's something wrong with the Alpha Channel, but I didn't change anything there so it isn't my fault. Maybe a bug of the latest CVS source...

OP
optimus$prime

optimus$prime

Spacy said:
I have the same bug, but I found a solution: Options>Video>DisableSFX

it works in metroid fusion there are only some objects missing
but metroid zero mission is full of gfx-artifacts, unplayable

Spacy

I removed them from my build, just for fun ^_^
I only used that once for testing, moreover I don't know any skins for VBA and this safes some space. (4libs, 20 headers, some lines code in the emu source, about 2,2MB space saved for the source package).
At the moment I'm adding GDI+ support just to learn it a bit. It's already working. I'm having now weekend and next week a long weekend. Germany rules with it's much public holidays ^^

Clements

Would you be interested in merging some of kode54's changes to your build? You can find a diff patch to the current source in the link below, so hopefully you can drop the code in without too much difficulty, and credit kode54 of course. Your graphical changes will complement some of his sound changes well, and the LCD filter makes things look much better IMO.

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2248&start=0

Just a thought, I love what you are achieving here.

Spacy

Thanks. I'll look at his source. Because I base3d my changes on a really buggy source, I'm going to search another base, I don't like Buggy things. I'm going to release my 3rd release in ngemu in some mins.

Spacy

If I read correctly, Scale4x is just 2 times Scale2x, so this shoudl be easy. I'm having a breake at the moment, but I look forward to continue in the summer holidays :D

Yeah, i finally got the black screen bug. It was just a error of too much optimization in the compiler.

suanyuan

VBA172_smooth_V5 support support hq3x, hq4x, lq3x, lq4x, Scale3x, Scale4x

I modified VBA172 to support Kega Fusion filter plugin system, with the help of filter plugins,
now VBA172_smooth_V5 support support hq3x, hq4x, lq3x, lq4x, Scale3x, Scale4x.

In my computer of P4 2.53 G, VBA172_smooth_V5 can run F-ZERO with hq3x filter almos 95% CPU speed
with both "synchronize" and "auto skip frame" turn on. Alough I can't tell the differences between outputs of hq2x and hq3x.

You can download the binary from:
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63952

Shin_Gouki

nah don´t push yourself when it comes to coding its :"better save than sorry" which means its not important to add many features fast and make lot of design and implementation mistakes, as to add carefull and thoughtfull features which enrich the application while mainting stable execution.
Ah yes and dont forget u dont get money ( take ur time ^^) and ur working alone so just enjoy ur work!
wbr Shin Gouki

WhiteX

I tried to use the 4x filter but my screen got shrinked to the 1x size and the rest was trash.

Spacy

This is, because it is not implemented yet. I put more importance on other things, because HQ4x would be much too slow.

At the moment, I am recoding the render device interface to enable better fullscreen support, better filter optimization and to support my new written pixel filter interface, which is class based and so easier to handle for me - and hopefully others.

Moreover, my pixel filter interface combines pixel filter functions AND graphics cards Pixel Shader routines, which I will try to add as soon as my 2 new interfaces and devices work.

UPDATE: I'll drop recoding the display interface at the moment and only stick to the new pixel filter interface.

Last edited: