What's new

Why only Bust A move 3000 can run nearly full speed?

Fool

Me
Oh yeah it is basic 2D game. But there is so many more basic 2D games. I am wonderin too.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
BAM is also unique in a way. Just like Tetris, it's a game where the ENTIRE game play area is shown on the screen at once. There is no extra area outside of view that is loaded into memory in case you move (like for example in an RPG) where if yu make your character walk, new game play area is shown on screen (which is being loaded in from the memory). Since there is no additional game play area to hog the memory, everything seen on screen gets to utilize 100% of the memory. You'd be surprised how much that can help a game run smoothly.

Fool

Me
generalplot said:
BAM is also unique in a way. Just like Tetris, it's a game where the ENTIRE game play area is shown on the screen at once. There is no extra area outside of view that is loaded into memory in case you move (like for example in an RPG) where if yu make your character walk, new game play area is shown on screen (which is being loaded in from the memory). Since there is no additional game play area to hog the memory, everything seen on screen gets to utilize 100% of the memory. You'd be surprised how much that can help a game run smoothly.
Thanks. Now I understand :happy: