What's new

Direct64 v0.5.03.25

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Here's a new version of Direct64. I had hoped to get a few more fixes and features in (like hi-res texture support), but RealLife™ got in the way. I have removed the ALPHA status, and switched to a new version numbering scheme to better track version changes.

Anyways, here's what's new:
Changed render state synching method
Changed the way color image loading is detected in gDPLoadBlock
Changed the way that the texture cache decides when to dump old textures
Fixed a buffer overflow problem that could occur when Depth Image was set to Clear or Render
Fixed a texture loading bug that could cause emulation to freeze
Fixed a problem where fog could be applied to textured rectangles
Enjoy!

UPDATE: Direct64 v0.5.03.25

Here's a small update for ya'll. I'm hoping that this release will fix the depth problems that are showing up on nVidia cards.

Here's what's new:
Fixed a bug in blender emulation that caused missing fog in some games
Fixed gSPTextureRectangleFlip emulation
Fixed a problem that caused incorrectly detected depth image sizes
Fixed an issue that could keep depth stencils from being cleared correctly

Download:
https://emulationking.com/direct64/

Last edited by a moderator:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
ooh, new Direct64 release. Downloading right now.

Looks as great as ever, but the Banjo-Tooie underwater bug is still there :-(. Still, great release, seems pretty stable.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
The texture problems I was having in Majora's Mask are gone now, yay.... Unfortunately this release seems to hate Perfect Dark even more than the previous release. It's slower than ever and now it crashes shortly after the intro starts (you can get around it by just skpping the intro right away). Not a big problem though, glN64 does a great job with PD.

Spacy

Yeah, another nice release. Every release is a good release because it's a release ^^" The emulation scene in general has unfortunately become a little bit slow in the last months...

Hope my dx9 gfx card will be back from reperature soon...

amano

The bug with the torches in castlevania 2 is gone.

But the wrong textures that are displayed in castlevania 1 (looka at the towers in the intro, the stone textures in the trees and the tree textures on sones) are still here.

TNX for the work, Orkin.

Last edited:

amano

Diddy Kong Racing is now worse than before.

The purple menues are now correct, but all watery effects can be seen through other things (eg. the elephant).

The intro doesn't work as well. You can see only the rotor but not the plane.

A similar effect could be seen in waverace. your driver seems to be half in the water rather than on the water, but this was wrong in the plugin before as well.

In the beginning of Cruisin World there is now only one half of the Nintendo Symbol visible.

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

Strange...I don't get any of these errors on my computer...I did just notice that I broke fog in DKR (just fixed it again, too), but everything else you mentioned is okay over here.

What video card do you have?

gandalf

Member ready to help
there are some serius problems with the nvidias, i have all the same problems than amano.
the fog in zelda OOT is missing :(
And in 1080 snowboarding, some issues....i´ll post shots later

amano

Geforce 4 Ti 4200. I will attach some pics! Diddy Kong Racing and Cruising World worked fine with the plugin from the beginning of march. The others had their problems already.

EDIT: Since gandalf has these problems as well, it doesn't seem to be a shader problem.

Last edited:

amano

Jep. This is the Diddy Kong in-game issue. In the intro the plane is missing as you can see in my screenshot above.

The in game-game issue reminds me somewhat of the waverace issue. Somehow the water effects are not aligned correctly with other objects.

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
Okay, here´s the problem with 1080 snowboarding,i can´t see the map and the player, only his shadow, but only in that screen (the score and the replay of you game)

EDIT: i put the "fog missing" in OOT (i have enabled the option of enable fog)

Last edited:

gulian

wow
Thank you. Your work is a lot appreciated here. My registration to say it.

I like the title appearing from ocarina of time intro.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

nVidias don't seem to like the way I'm doing z-buffering...my computer at work has an nVidia card (Ti 4200). I'll try it out there tomorrow and see if I can find the problem...

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
I ran in to this problem (there are other games that are affected with depth issues, too). Oh, yeah, and the Blue Falcon is green...not normal.

I find it strange that when I switch the color to 640x480x24 (fullscreen), the games seem to run faster/smoother. I find this rather odd. I mean, are nVidia cards supposed to run programs in 24-bit color!?

Gladiac0190

dragon_rider said:
I find it strange that when I switch the color to 640x480x24 (fullscreen), the games seem to run faster/smoother. I find this rather odd. I mean, are nVidia cards supposed to run programs in 24-bit color!?
Hmmm, aare PCs supposed to run N64-Games? :D
N64-Emulation needs powerful machines, especially if you want to use texture filters. It is typically that 24bit-mode needs less resources than 32bit-mode. If you have slow hardware (nvidia did also produce cards like TNTs which are not really fast) it is only logically that you have to turn off some features... isn't it? Now... If you want no tell me that you own a 6800Ultra then there's somewhere else a problem in your system :p.

//hmmm, wasn't 32bit the same as 24bit with gammas?
I wonder if there will be a compile for linux i386 or amd64 or even the source? :saint:

Last edited:

dragon_rider

&#31169;&#12399;&#31452;&#12364;&#22909;&#12365;&#
My card is a eVGA GeForce FX 5700 LE, but would this have something to with it acting weird with sound in some games, like Mystical Ninja 64. Some sound channels aren't enabled with this and Rice's Video Plugin in Direct X API mode. I don't know why this happens in PJ64 and not with 1964. If I ever need to upgrade this videcard, let me know. I cannot upgrade now, but I probably will in a couple years. I'll be quite busy this summer, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah, bling, bling, blah.

amano

Thanks Orkin for looking into this. It is sad that that DirectX itself doesn't prevent these things from happening. I thought that DirectX was created to give the same results with different hardware.