What's new

Black outs

bagelgod

Hi all, a complete n00b here with a question. I recently started playing Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 on my computer, got it shrunk twice and everything. However, after I check the "Use Dynarec" checkbox the fps speeds up, but after a little while everything but the timer, health bars, and chakra meters go black. If I press start, it shows the start menu, and I can exit out to the main menu and play again, and theres no blackness. But then after more fighting, the screen goes black again (with the aforementioned exceptions). So, what is the deal? Is there a checkbox I should have? Should I add/remove some DLLs (I added the optional .DLL's on the website, if this matters)? What should I do?

Evil Cyborg

Gokule
Dolphin is still a WIP therefore its not guaranteed to run every single game
you want to play.

As it is Dolphin is not complete wait a few more months or so for the 1.03
release

that release may solve your problems or it may not
but you have to understand that emulating
an extremely complex emulator such as the 'Cube is difficult and
your whining about how it goes black doesn't help the Dolphin Team continue
working on Dolphin
The Team has made a tremendous effort and you should be glad
that the emulator is where it is now.

As for the Dolphin Team, keep up the great work guys!

OP
B

bagelgod

How was that helpful at all? It obviously isn't the emulator, since it will play it after I go back to the main menu in the game. Not to mention all you did was yap at me about how greatful I should be (not to say I am not greatful), versus telling me how to help. If you can't help, why post?

OP
B

bagelgod

How is my question idiotic? It says in the playable list the game I am trying to play, and I am simply finding out whether or not I can turn on or off some option to fix it. And telling me that I'm whining is hardly a polite response. I was barely addressed in that entire post, the entire thing seems to be kissing the ass of the dolphin team (not to say they don't deserve it; they certainly do, and might I say good job thus far).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Dynarec may be faster but it is also less compatible than Interpreter is. it is logical to assume that with Dynarec not checked you would get less graphics problems (maybe?)

The CPU core of the emulator controls what graphics are displayed, it is the emulators fault... more over it is the dynarec setting's fault...

Dolphin is a gamecube emulator, it is not perfect and our computers are not capable of running the games at 60 frames a second... not yet anyway.

Best gamecube experience is the real gamecube.

OP
B

bagelgod

Alright, very cool. So turn off dynarec to get rid of the black screen. Thank you for the help.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
bagelgod said:
Alright, very cool. So turn off dynarec to get rid of the black screen. Thank you for the help.

Actually, not quite. What he said was true, about Dynarec being buggier then Interpreter. However, that black screen bug isn't an error with dynarec as far as I can tell, but a problem with the emulation. I don't think a different core will change it. I'm unaware if it is fixed in the BETA, but it hasn't happened to me yet. ^^