What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0c - HiRez Texture Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignotion

Is there anyway to get the source code of this plugin? i've found sources from previous versions but not the source of this one

Thanx in advance,

Toni

blablablarg

Any way of logging errors from this plugin or something similar to that? (To perhaps find out why, regardless of settings, etc., it always shuts down PJ64 and 1964 after any ROM is loaded, with no messages or warnings at all...)

ze governator

awesome plugin

I've tried many plugins but yours is the only plugin that doesn't lag on smash bros. My only gripe is that everything is too dark. Adding a gamma control would be helpful. Otherwise this is a beautiful plugin. :borg:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The Question said:
this is a program right? kus i can't get it to work i just need it for the Mystical Ninja problem
It is a N64 graphics plugin. Put it into your emulator's plugin folder and configure it from within the emulator.

HiReZ92

I need help finding certain textures in Super Mario that almost look identical.
An example would be the water textures; what would I need to do to find a certain texture in the game such as the "Outside Castle" water textures? They all come in confusing names and are difficult to find. What would be the best way to approach this issue?

HiReZ92

I need help finding certain textures in Super Mario that almost look identical.
An example would be the water textures; what would I need to do to find a certain texture in the game such as the "Outside Castle" water textures? They all come in confusing names and are difficult to find. What would be the best way to approach this issue?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this plugin has too many useless options, which don't really give decent enough descriptions to be able to use it.

for one, the description of SSE isn't correct as SSE is available on amd processors, from the Throughbred AthlonXP core, and Morgan Duron core.

then theres the fact that you try to set up the framebuffer so you get full graphics yet you don't even know what to set it to coz theres several friggin options...

the only thing good about this plugin is the fact you can retexture... but other then that.. Jabo's pwns it.

hell.. this one can't even render links mirror shield right...

its supposed to curve,.. not intersect in the center.

Poobah

squall_leonhart said:
this plugin has too many useless options, which don't really give decent enough descriptions to be able to use it.

for one, the description of SSE isn't correct as SSE is available on amd processors, from the Throughbred AthlonXP core, and Morgan Duron core.

then theres the fact that you try to set up the framebuffer so you get full graphics yet you don't even know what to set it to coz theres several friggin options...

the only thing good about this plugin is the fact you can retexture... but other then that.. Jabo's pwns it.

hell.. this one can't even render links mirror shield right...

its supposed to curve,.. not intersect in the center.
It's open source, so why don't you go and make it "pwn" Jabo's one then? Fixing up the description for the SSE option, for example should be easy. You shouldn't hate the plugin and its author just because you are too ignorant to be able to configure it to your liking; that's a problem on your end -- not Rice's.

And none of the options are useless. That's the very reason for why they're there -- to be used.

Honestly, the last thing the open-source scene needs is ignorant people criticising the free and easily modifyable open source products without even suggesting solutions nor attempting to remedy the often simple problems. There's nothing stopping you from using the forum search function to work out the parts that you don't understand (although most of it's self-explanatory) and then editing the strings in the source code to your liking.

In fact, you should be thankful that the poor non-English-speaking guy even bothered trying to explain the options just so that ignorant people like you could understand. From the looks of things, I'd guess that AMD processors didn't support SSE at the time the tooltips were initially typed out.

Honestly, that post was completely uncalled-for and very childish.

Last edited:

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
Ah yes, open source, the "get out of criticism free" card.

Not everybody in the world are programmers, so don't act like everyone has this untapped ability to go in and fix everything.

The last thing the open source scene needs are ignorant people who blindly defend it for no other reason than it is open source.

Poobah

Don't be so ignorant. His post was nothing but destructive criticism.

skyman8081 said:
The last thing the open source scene needs are ignorant people who blindly defend it for no other reason than it is open source.
Firstly, how was I even defending the open source scene? Secondly, what did I do that showed blindness? Thirdly, what did I state that showed ignorance? If you want to start an argument, at least be reasonable, and don't argue about things that you clearly don't know anything about.

skyman8081 said:
Not everybody in the world are programmers, so don't act like everyone has this untapped ability to go in and fix everything.
I clearly wasn't acting as though every human being in the world is a programmer. Don't pretend people are saying or implying things that they clearly aren't. We're dealing with text here; opening a text file and rewording some sentences isn't what programmers do -- it's something that most Windows users should be able to do.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

PooBah, the plugin, is good,

in opengl mode.....

the Direct3D implementation doesn't really work, the mirror shield in OoT has intersections instead of being just a smooth surface.

the Framebuffer options, aren't that great, link is shown as patchy and is missing sections in the tunic/shield selection screen.

there are too many useless framebuffer options.

the plugin needs to be simplified down, or given a better help guide to using it.

Poobah

squall_leonhart said:
PooBah, the plugin, is good,

in opengl mode.....

the Direct3D implementation doesn't really work, the mirror shield in OoT has intersections instead of being just a smooth surface.

the Framebuffer options, aren't that great, link is shown as patchy and is missing sections in the tunic/shield selection screen.

there are too many useless framebuffer options.

the plugin needs to be simplified down, or given a better help guide to using it.

The framebuffer options available make it much more flexible than Jabo's, allowing us to work out which modes are capable with certain games rather than just using the slowest and most compatible ones for all games.

What parts of the plugin are you having trouble understanding? The tooltips' descriptions seem self-explanatory enough to me.

Poobah

What kind of response is that? I wasn't asking rhetorical questions.

Sure, Jabo's frame buffer works, but Rice's one works aswell, and is much more flexible.

squall_leonhart

...um. no, it doesn't.

if it did work, the link image in the pause menu would render correctly.

but it doesn't.

so.. no it doesn't work.

and i couldn't care less about flexibility... what i care about is having it work properly.

Poobah

squall_leonhart said:
...um. no, it doesn't.

if it did work, the link image in the pause menu would render correctly.
Yes, it does. A small bug doesn't mean that it doesn't even work. Why don't you just use Jabo's plugin for the games that only it works with, and use Rice's for the ones that it works fine with? (Rice's plugin is generally quite a bit faster, particular on older computers.)

squall_leonhart said:
and i couldn't care less about flexibility... what i care about is having it work properly.
What's the point of it working properly if you are forced to do a complete framebuffer emulation, which would cause it to slow down to unplayable frame-rates?

Now, as I asked earlier, what parts of the plugin are you having trouble understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.