Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Transfer Pak Expert MadManMarkAu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Morning everyone.

Noctrun, good point. Only, the GB cart is totaly (or at least very close to totaly) loaded when GB tower is run. One way to test your theory is if someone with a real N64 + transfer pak replaced the cart with another non-pokemon cart. See if it will run Mario Tennis or some other non-pokemon game.

Also, with the theory that the Transfer Pak does the emulation (I with that were true.. make my job lots easier), if that were true, then the N64 wouldn't need to load all the data from the cart into memory.

Anyway, I'm just about to check the RSP plugin now.

EDIT: Ok, this may be a teeny little bit of a problem... the RSP really is going into an infinite loop... Or, at least it's never leaving the RunInterpreterCPU(DWORD Cycles) function... I'm going to try and force it to exit when infinite looping, just to see if it moves the N64 along any further. Then if that works, I'll try to adress the problem of the infinite looping...

EDIT2: I've found that the RSP is not deliberately put into an infinite loop. I checked the RSP instructions, and found this:

r0 = 0 at this point...

0x638:
    MFC0 t0,SP status (t0 now = 0x440)
    ANDI t0,t0,0x0400
    BNE t0,r0,0x638

There must be something missing from the RSP emulation. I assume, seeing it's reading the floating point status, that it's waiting for a floating point operation to complete or something... I don't know. I can't find any documentation on the RSP anywhere.
    Last edited by MadManMarkAu; December 15th, 2004 at 07:01.
    -------------------------------------
    I don't suffer from insanity;
    I enjoy every minute of it!
    Just because I drank a jug of Jacks & Coke, doesn't mean I'm not fit to code!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well it does seem to load it atlest when running there you can in pkmn 2 make it load less in the beginning and load a bit here and there to save loading time in beginning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OK, i know what's wrong. 0x400 bit in SP Status is normally used to tell the cpu a RSP task is finished. Only the RSP set it usually. I think that in this game, the cpu is supposed to clear this bit when it has finished to use the data produced by the previous RSP task. But in current emulator implementation RSP and CPU are not running in parallel so it falls in an infinite loop. I think that it shouldn't reach this case if there was correct timing of the RSP and RDP interupts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaah, I see. That would make sense. I just now need to multithread the two. Boy, this is going to be fun I'm not used to using threads and critical section objects... Give me a day or two to look up multithreading in C on the net, then I'll tackle this problem.

I'm just wondering, in the real N64, the RSP doesn't run all the time, does it? I tried multitasking the R4300 CPU and the RSP by modifying the RSP code where the execution is run to only run for a set number of cycles passed to the function, then calling this function telling it to run 1 cycle, calling it every 6 R4300 cycles (R4300's execute on the rising and falling edges of the clock pulse). It didn't really like it I know it was a dodgy way of doing it, but I wanted to see what a multitasked RSP would do. Probably shouldn't have started until the first RunRSP() call...

I know this probably removes something from the whole HLE thing, but if it gets GB tower working, the authors of PJ64 may add it in as a workaround for GB tower, like, have it selectable in the options...

EDIT: Ok, this is doing my head in... The RSP doesn't seem to like leaving it's processing loop to return processing to the R4300 CPU... I think I might need to write my own emulator or something. Well, for now I'm going to concentrate on the N-Rage plugin, and get it released. Once I've done that, I'll get GB tower working, because we've determined GB tower not working is not the fault of the plugin. Once I'm done with the plugin, I'll work on the emulator.
    Last edited by MadManMarkAu; December 16th, 2004 at 12:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm ready to make another release of the plugin. I haven't been able to fix the crash bug. I believe it's something inside Project64 V1.5 that's doing it, because it doesn't crash under 1.4... If anyone has any problems with it crashing under 1.5, please tell me. But, due to the unavailability of the 1.5 source (which is a bummer), I can't find out exactly what is going wrong. It doesn't crash under other emulators, so I've com to assume it's a problem with 1.5.

I'm going to wait a few days, maybe a week, and unless someone finds a bug, I'll get N-Rage to update his site, and inform some Emu sites about the new plugin.

Anyway, check here for the source and DLL. This is going to be an official release, with the possibility of change if someone finds a bug I missed.

Enjoy

EDIT: NOTE TO ALL EMULATION PAGE WEBMASTERS - While this plugin is an official release, please don't upload it to your sites yet. I want to wait a few days and see if any bugs appear. I'll re-edit this post and say when it's OK to upload to your sites.

EDIT: NOTE TO ALL EMULATION PAGE WEBMASTERS #2 - There doesn't seemt o be any bugs or issues in this new plugin, so I'm now allowing Emu sites to host this plugin on their site. Here's the information you'll need:

Change summary for version 1.83:
    - Rewrote GB Cart emulation (Now supports ROM-only, MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 and MBC5 carts)
    - Added support for GB Cart RTC based on VisualBoy Advance save format.
    - Added option for slower rapid-fire in macros. Fixes problems with some games like Paper Mario.
    - Added optional and adjustable rapid fire to standard input keys.

If you host this plugin, please put my E-Mail address ([email protected]) with N-Rage's E-Mail, because as far as N-Rage is concerned, this emulator is doscontinued, and I don't think he'd like getting E-Mails asking for tech support.
    Last edited by MadManMarkAu; December 18th, 2004 at 10:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do you try with 1964?
    ohh..latter iŽll download the plug-in

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An official release, huh? That's pretty cool. I'm still curious to see if the problem in paper mario is fixed.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes, it's fixed. You need to select the Slow Rapid Fire options as well as the Rapid Fire option, and it'll work beautifuly. Yeah, I tried it with 1964 as well as PJ64 1.4 and 1.5. That's how I know it's only 1.5 that screws up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi MadManMarkAu,

thanks a lot for the release. Could you please summarize the changes to the latest official release?

Kind regards,
    Francisco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Umm, sure. But please, don't put it up on any sites just yet. I want to make doubly sure that there's nothing wrong with it before I let people put it on their site.

Change summary for version 1.83:
    - Rewrote GB Cart emulation (Now supports ROM-only, MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 and MBC5 carts)
    - Added support for GB Cart RTC based on VisualBoy Advance save format.
    - Added option for slower rapid-fire in macros. Fixes problems with some games like Paper Mario.
    - Added optional and adjustable rapid fire to standard input keys.

I think that's about it...
    Last edited by MadManMarkAu; December 16th, 2004 at 14:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oops, too late. I already posted it on my site.
    Should I take it down again?

Thanks for the changelog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably, yeah. Just leave it for a few days, and if nobody complains about bugs, feel free to post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, your wish is my command ;-)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry if this is inappropriate to ask

but could this plugin ever feature a speed up key, like in Visual Boy Advance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speed Up key? You mean, like a turbo mode? PJ64 already has this feature. As long as you don't have "Sync Game to Audio" selected in your audio plugin, you can use the F4 key to make the game run at the fastest your CPU can handle.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast