What's new

Why is Dreamcast "Bios" important?

saed

Just joined... Hey hows it going!
I saw mentioned that no one should request the bios for dreamcast.
Now that I think about it, I dont know many reasons to be interested in the bois-- And I cant imagine how it could possibly be illegal.
PC users constantly manipulate their BIOS. How can it be different for Dreamcast?

...saed

OP
S

saed

Allnatural said:
The Dreamcast bios carries a copyright (same with other consoles).
Right... but more than that, it seems to work fine with the present hardware and new hardware is not likely.
And hardware is the realm of BIOS. So it should be a non issue.
The fakt that someone felt the need to bring it up means that I am ignorant of the issue.
But then, ignorance seems to be quite stylish now days. Kinda like paranoia.
I'm just asking, dude.
...Peace and love and shit... saed

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
saed said:
Right... but more than that, it seems to work fine with the present hardware and new hardware is not likely.
The fakt that someone felt the need to bring it up means that I am ignorant of the issue.
I'm just asking, dude.
What the hell are you talking about?
I don't understand anything you want?!?

smcd

saed said:
I'm just asking, dude.

Copyright infringement is punishable by law; there is no linking to or discussion of how to obtain such materials on this site to keep them out of trouble.

BIOS is software not hardware so I have no idea wtf you mean about "And hardware is the realm of BIOS."

As far as why someone would want the BIOS of any system... several emulators require the BIOS of the original system in order to work properly.

IceWarm

BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System. It is what makes the system work basically. It tells the system what to do when a game is inserted, when a button is pressed on the controller and things like that.