Glide64 SP5 is out

ggab

Emutalk Member
good news, isn't it?
COOOOOOOOOL ;)
u rock as usual ! :p

posted by emuxhaven:
Glide64 V0.7 Me Service Pack 5 Out!
Thats right folks, another great release of the Glide64 Plugin has been released today!!

Here's whats new :
-Fixed gfx errors in Banjo Tooie.
-Fixed 2D gfx in Super Robot Spirits.
Download it from the Glide64 Site !!
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/

-Shadow-

Banned
Cool ! That are good news ! It would be even better if someone would've work on Hacky's glide wrapper... :(

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
H3ad5h0tter said:
Cool ! That are good news ! It would be even better if someone would've work on Hacky's glide wrapper... :(
Yeah, that would be great, but who knows... probably he will do some work like more filters... hq4x would be great...*dreaming*

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
/me laughs at the non glide owners, then realizes he has no more N64 roms and goes back to being quiet.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Thank god I have another machine with a voodoo4... too bad it's in Seattle... and... I'm... in... Wyoming... and I won't be able to use it 'till October... *goes back to being quiet as well*
- Modem

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
I would just like to use hardware frame buffer on my Radeon. I wait hopefully for a new release of Hac's wrapper...

BountyJedi

ya hardware frambuffer emulation in the wrapper would be great...

then the framebuffer would be as nice as the direct64 ones...

olivieryuyu

minkster said:
what exactly does hardware framebuffer do? i never realy understood what it does for n64 games :p

The framebuffer is a part of RAM in a computer allocated to hold the graphics information for one frame or picture. This information typically consists of color values for every pixel (point that can be displayed) on the screen. A framebuffer can either be:

- off-screen, meaning that writes to that memory don't appear on the visible screen,

- or on-screen meaning the memory is directly coupled to the visible display.

extracted from glide64 readme.txt:

"N64 games often use auxiliary frame buffers to implement special game effects
like motion blur or for optimization purposes. The console can allocate as many
auxiliary frame buffers as needed and then use them as usual textures. PC video
cards usually use only one buffer for rendering, thus emulation of frame buffer
effects is always a hard problem. The usual method of emulation, which
theoretically should always work, is to render auxiliary frame buffer into main
video buffer and then read it from video memory into main memory and put into
the structure representing N64 memory (RDRAM)."

"Hardware frame buffer emulation is in fact a hack - auxiliary frame buffers
are not put into N64 memory. When a game uses texture located in area in RDRAM
corresponding to auxiliary frame buffer, the plugin uses texture located in video
memory instead. The game may use this area in RDRAM for different textures
later, but the plugin will use it's auxiliary buffer anyway, which leads to
serious glitches. I (Gonetz) have tried to reduce probability of this situation, but it
is still possible. If you encounter it, switch to windowed mode, and then back
to full screen again."

read n64 manual for futher info

Last edited:

Emu_Lover

I hope Hactarux fixes the glitch with the wrapper that keeps the Zelda 1 and 2 lens of truth platforms from appearing in the next service pack. :bouncy:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I don't know if i'll have time to look at it but if i do, i'd like to have a save state (in whatever emu you want, i don't care) where i can easily see the problem. I don't have the time required to play the game up that point right now.

BountyJedi

i think this should be it you see the shadow of that person thats supposed to apear and you can talk to him/her (heck who knows what gender those guards are =p, although they look like female so i should say that =p )
you can also not walk there after turning on lens of truth.

another thing i noticed (i dont know if its the warpper or glide64) was that the lens texture (the red thing that comes up when you turn it on) is not visible except in ceratin direction where there is something to view with it.

hope this is a proper place for testing that or is the problem just for platforms although this doesnt some to work too obviously...

1964 savestate (should be atlest has no file ending for some reason but i saved it with 1964 anyways