What's new

Longest Game Sessions - Break The Record

yogaman

Banned
Hmm...well, since I was spending to much time on games I thought I'd start some kind of "break the record" tread...
Well, the point is check out who has spent the most time playing through a game (without any breaks of course) ..... the question is only if u can consider "going to the loo" or "eating/drinking break" as fair! I nearly got killed (flooded ;) ) stoppin' my bludder and suffering from malnutrition....but once in a while I got something to eat during my game session....! So that would count!

Please name the game u were playing and the hours u spend (non-stop) playing it

Zelda oot = 10hours / Secret of mana2 = 8hours / Golden Sun = 6hours

(of course I didn't beat the games in that time...;) ..i just fell asleep after it)

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
10 hours in ZELDA??
My record is only 1. :hrm:

The longest I ever played a game was...
I can't remember I was playing! But the game was certainly GTA. :)

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Played Monkey Island 4 (PC) from 18:00 PM to about 12:00 AM next day :blush:

So that's.... 18 hours in a row. With just bottles of Coca-Cola and a big bag of Chocotoff

Finished the game too :colgate:

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, I and 3 friends had a school project bout playing video games, so we played for about 41 hours.....(with about 3 hours of breaks spread in that, like 5 mins now and then to get the pizza in the oven or prepare some other food :cool: ). Although we didn't play a certain game all the time it was very fun :D

Jaz

Ex-Mod
A friend and I played TOCA World Touring Cars for about 4+ hours when we were very drunk. I fell asleep in the middle of a race (this was like about 4am!) and crashed out of a certain victory I tell you.. ;)

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
Gorxon said:
Well, I and 3 friends had a school project bout playing video games, so we played for about 41 hours.....(with about 3 hours of breaks spread in that, like 5 mins now and then to get the pizza in the oven or prepare some other food :cool: ). Although we didn't play a certain game all the time it was very fun :D

and after that u were still alive??? gosh... I though more than 24hours in a row would be deadly :alien:

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The longest gaming session I ever had was when I was playing Unreal Tournamet on a LAN party (I'm pretty good at it) and I was fragged after 10 hours of straight playing without any breaks or so we started at 18:00 PM and I ended it at 4:00 PM the following day.

P.S
I was #10 of the tournament :D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, if I remember correctly, I once played Phantazmagoria (the first one) for seven straight hours... Man, that game was sweet at the time...

RatTrap

GODLIKE
ooo.. i remember Phantasmagoria.. /me has the 7 cds right here.. somewhere hehe.. but back then i liked "Under a killing moon" more :p..

btw.. i've been up for bout 80 hours straight b4.. no joke.. i'm not sure if i have insomnia but with enugh cofeine or coke i can stay up for days.. i'm not sure bout the longest.. but there's been 4 games..

1 chrono trigger.. i was stuck in front of the tv screen for about 3 days.. no sleep.. yes i did eat and i did go to bathroom.. dunno if that counts but i ate while playing and i only took short bathroom brakes.. was in summer so had no school..

2 final fantasy 9.. i had 4 days vacation from work.. played it on my tv on epsxe.. i played also for like 3 days.. last day of vacation i slept great coz i finished the game with the "sweet" ending.. i was all sleeping like "awww".. but had to call in sick the next day heh..

3 Castlevania SOTN.. come to think of it.. this game must be the one i've played the longest in a row.. really has to be.. least i think it must been.. not 100% sure.. but i started and finished it with very high %.. got the good ending.. and the second time i played the game from beginning to end it took me 2 weeks of playing every afternoon to finish the damn thing..

4 Super Metroid.. this game had me hooked for bout 2 or so days not sure maybe more.. when i finished it.. heh.. guess what.. i started it all from the beginning again :p.. finished it twice in a row..

other games i've played for a long ass time..
super mario world.. (must be the biggest Mario game or am i wrong?)
all zelda games..
all FFs..
metalgear 1&2&solid..

and i'm guessing the next 3 day eye opener will be MetalGearSolid2 :p..

Slougi

Well a few years back when I still lived in germany I had played Secret of Mana with 2 of my friends for I think 3 days in a row. We had some sleep in turns so i'm not sure if it counts. but i guess most of the time we were all awake. Ahh multi tap rulez ;)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
To Rattrap : You must be kidding me 3 / 4 days in a row ??? you must be crazy :p
Congrats on becoming a MOD Slougi :)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
if you don't believe me.. check this out..

http://www.longestlife.com/longlife.htm

go down to where the "sleep" part of the site starts.. 17 year old guy was awake for 11 days.. i believe there was someone who beat this guy too.. but i don't remember how many days he was awake.. i think it was like 14 days or something.. but i could'nt find the site..

so me staying up for 3 days.. heh.. really.. i'm sure anyone can do it :)..

Slougi

Zero said:
To Rattrap : You must be kidding me 3 / 4 days in a row ??? you must be crazy :p
Congrats on becoming a MOD Slougi :)
Don't congratulate me.
Gent is like a spider: once u get into his net there is no escape :p

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
@#§°#...my EYES....well, I thought I was good at non-stop playing.../ After reading ur posts I kinda got motivated to check my limits: So I played a few games in a row: I nearly beat Golden Sun (2.Lighttower Venus) but then I just switched to another game (Diablo2) and started a new character and played until I killed Mephisto and just changed to a N64 game and then played Castlevania - legacy of darkness ......All together 29HOURS!!!!!!

I'm finished....... I think I'm going to get some rest..... I'm never going to do this again

:plain: ...... it's just a pain in the butt....or more in the eyes....!!!!!

/me takes ice to cool down my eyes

blizz

I'm addicted to PSO. you know you're addicted when you go to sleep and you hear both the music and see the characters with your eyes shut ;)

Slougi

No u know that ur addicted when u go to sleep, lay there for a few mins, and get up again to play. That's how much i used to like Secret of Mana :p