What's new

DirectX 9.0c has been released

Clements

Yes, since it contains bugfixes, so even if you don't have a 6800 series it's still worth downloading. I got mine as part of SP2, not this redist package.

smcd

Clements said:
Yes, since it contains bugfixes, so even if you don't have a 6800 series it's still worth downloading. I got mine as part of SP2, not this redist package.

Since you're using the SP2 edition, how are things working out with the SP2 release? Are there lots of apps that are broken or act peculiarly like I've read about or is all that blown out of proportion?

Been kinda scared to take the SP2 plunge since there's apparently so many problems with it, plus it is still RC status.

Clements

sethmcdoogle said:
Since you're using the SP2 edition, how are things working out with the SP2 release? Are there lots of apps that are broken or act peculiarly like I've read about or is all that blown out of proportion?

Been kinda scared to take the SP2 plunge since there's apparently so many problems with it, plus it is still RC status.

It broke PJ64 until I fixed it with the compatibility mode, other than that, nothing. Probably Microsoft covering themselves if things goes wrong. This update is pretty essential for people who use IE, and clears up the mess in Add/Remove Programs.

Talas said:
Why cant one download SP2 from the official "Update Windows" homepage anyway?

Well, you can (the Release Candidate 2 version), just not v4 of Window Update.

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

IceFox38 said:
BTW, how big of a download is SP2? I bet it's hell on a dial-up connection.

It's 200MB.

Reznor007

The DX9c version that is now out is official. It is the developer resdistributable to be included on game CD's that require DX9.