What's new

Mario Golf and saving

swarmster

I used to run Mario Golf in PJ64. Today I've been trying to make the move over to 1964.

When I played in PJ64, saving would work much like a regular N64. Meaning, you didn't even know it was happening. For example, if I beat a ring shot or won a tournament, my stats and results would be updated automatically and saved.

When I play with 1964, I'll beat a ring shot, go back to the main menu, and my success is gone. Without even exiting the game it's completely wiped out. This is really frustraiting.

I haven't changed any settings. I'm using all my old plugins from PJ64, with the exeption of Jabo's sound one, which locks up with 1964, though that's not what I need help with.

I haven't tried any other games, but I need this to work. No, I don't use savestates, though even they probably wouldn't work, as just going to the main menu makes the game forget. Not that I want to use them anyway.

Please help! 1964 runs so smooth...

Rice

Emulator Developer
I am not sure exactly, but if this game is using 4KB EEPROM, like Mario Tennis, DK64, PD, 1964 has a bug regarding 4KB EEPROM, does not save it correctly.

Just be waiting the fix in the next release.

OP
S

swarmster

Thanks for the reply. It does say 4kb in the game settings. Hopefully that's all it is. I'll have to wait and see...