Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Unreal Assasin Ex0skelet0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    How to Change the Region of the Dreamcast Bios

    As we all know, the most used bios for Chankast that was released is a PAL/(Span)ish BIOS. Many people have said it is the only annoying thing with Chankast since most people including us were not able to find a NTSC/(Eng)lish BIOS or we couldn't flash it from our own DreamCast's.



    We have now found a way to modify your preexisting PAL/Spanish BIOS to a normal NTSC/English BIOS, better yet, any combination you want with even more languages to choose from!!

    I. What you need:
    - Hex Editor (Choose Between: Hex WorkShop | XVI32)

    II. Unzip Sega DreamCast Bios
    Unzip the Sega DreamCast Bios if you haven't before (If you have already done this step if you played Chankast already, skip this step, if this is your first time with it all, keep reading) using WinRAR.

    III. Open the Hex Editor (either Hex Workshop or XVI32 is best)
    Open dc_flash.bin, then Search down through the file for "211Dreamcast" (its about 4/5 of the way into the file, just before a list of the japanese developers' names). Change that 211Dreamcast to 121Dreamcast. That string appears twice. That string appears twice. It worked with just one changed, but its probably a good idea to change both instances.

    IV. Save the DreamCast Bios
    Save the bios over the prexesiting original, we also recommend you keep a backup of the original just incase you mess up.

    V. Congratulations!
    Your bios is now a normal NTSC (with the Red Swirl, PAL is with the Blue Swirl) and it's in English too! If you would like to request a different language or combination, reply to this post and we can help you out.

    Notes: To change it to other languages yourself, you have to change the second digit to other numbers (either with the prexisting PAL combination or NTSC combination). Feel free to play around with it. We can't guarentee if this won't screw up playability with other games or make it any better, so try it out both ways (original and your own) and see how it is.

    (i found this in another site.i cants say the site because has illegal links inside.)
    Last edited by Ex0skelet0r; June 2nd, 2004 at 12:13.


    • Advertising

      advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed
        
       

  2. #2
    EmuTalk Member JKidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx for this guide man.

  3. #3
    niechift.com [vEX]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Region change for dc_flash.bin:
    When you go to pos. 0x1A002, with an Hex editor, you can change it to:
    0x30: Japan region (NTSC, Orange swirl),
    0x31: USA region (NTSC, Orange swirl),
    0x32: Euro (Pal, Blue swirl)
    Found this somewhere.
    niechift.com | [vEX].niechift.com
    MSI K8N NEO4-FI | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice) | 2x1024MB PC3200 3-3-3-8 | WD Caviar 120GB Special Edition | Samsung SpinPoint P120 250GB SATA2 | MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB | NEC ND-2500 | M-Audio DiO 2448 | Altec Lansing CS21

  4. #4
    CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR XBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex0skelet0r
    As we all know, the most used bios for Chankast that was released is a PAL/(Span)ish BIOS. Many people have said it is the only annoying thing with Chankast since most people including us were not able to find a NTSC/(Eng)lish BIOS or we couldn't flash it from our own DreamCast's.

    We have now found a way to modify your preexisting PAL/Spanish BIOS to a normal NTSC/English BIOS, better yet, any combination you want with even more languages to choose from!!

    I. What you need:
    - Hex Editor (Choose Between: Hex WorkShop | XVI32)

    II. Unzip Sega DreamCast Bios
    Unzip the Sega DreamCast Bios if you haven't before (If you have already done this step if you played Chankast already, skip this step, if this is your first time with it all, keep reading) using WinRAR.

    III. Open the Hex Editor (either Hex Workshop or XVI32 is best)
    Open dc_flash.bin, then Search down through the file for "211Dreamcast" (its about 4/5 of the way into the file, just before a list of the japanese developers' names). Change that 211Dreamcast to 121Dreamcast. That string appears twice. That string appears twice. It worked with just one changed, but its probably a good idea to change both instances.

    IV. Save the DreamCast Bios
    Save the bios over the prexesiting original, we also recommend you keep a backup of the original just incase you mess up.

    V. Congratulations!
    Your bios is now a normal NTSC (with the Red Swirl, PAL is with the Blue Swirl) and it's in English too! If you would like to request a different language or combination, reply to this post and we can help you out.

    Notes: To change it to other languages yourself, you have to change the second digit to other numbers (either with the prexisting PAL combination or NTSC combination). Feel free to play around with it. We can't guarentee if this won't screw up playability with other games or make it any better, so try it out both ways (original and your own) and see how it is.

    (i found this in another site.i cants say the site because has illegal links inside.is this illegal?)
    WARNING : DONT CHANGE THE SECOND VALUE "211Dreamcast", if you do the bios will be screwed, you can test by yourself by backing it up first.

  5. #5
    S-2K Stezo2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBOX
    WARNING : DONT CHANGE THE SECOND VALUE "211Dreamcast", if you do the bios will be screwed, you can test by yourself by backing it up first.
    just tried it, and it works fine, there are no problems with it

  6. #6
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it works, but the games are still in spanish

  7. #7
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    remove the readonly flag from the dc_flash.bin, change language in the options of the DC menu. it'll stay in english.

  8. #8
    CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR XBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakon
    remove the readonly flag from the dc_flash.bin, change language in the options of the DC menu. it'll stay in english.
    funny thing the clocks still goes back to 1998 no matter what you do

  9. #9
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thnx my bios is in english now Finally normal title screens

  10. #10
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nice Ex0skelet0r but do you know the set up for a french bios?

    and another question, i would like to know if it comes from my pc or
    your bios clock is very speed like 1s for 1min in the dream bios.

    thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Regarding BIOS, ROM, ISO etc. Requests
    By Lord Cheese in forum Dreamemu
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: December 1st, 2007, 00:03
  2. BIOS Update for HP Pavilion 8650c
    By CyrylTheWolf in forum TechTalk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 16th, 2004, 21:59
  3. Mame32plus Bios
    By SonicTails5 in forum Other Emulation Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 13th, 2004, 16:19
  4. Mobo BIOS
    By Davemc in forum TechTalk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 13th, 2003, 18:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •