What's new

Can't enter video settings in 1964 -screen flashes as if to bring up a window though.

ELmO

The screen flashes like it's getting a window, but then immediately returns to the ROM list. I've downloaded Jabo's direct3d dll file but I can't get into the video settings screen to switch drivers anyways, any help appreciated?

It's fun playing games on PJ64, but I would like to try netplay via 1964...but can't get it to run any games.

My friend has the same problem as I, we are both running v 0.7.3.
I'm on a 3dfx voodoo 5 with tbird 1.4ghz, friend is on 900 mhz with ati radeon (win 98 se).

For goldeneye and perfect dark we get "UNKNOWN MICROCODE" error, and I think it has something to do with us not being able to change to the correct video driver. We can enter the other menus fine (audio, etc) though.

Thanks for any help,
ELmO

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok uve gotta be more specific.

hav u selected jabos d3d7 1.4 (from pj64 1.4, copied into your 1964 plugin folder) from the plugin selection...

open 1964.exe , click on plugin --> plugin selection

then select the correct video plugin (jabos d3d6/7 1.4 ) .

its not enuff just to copy the .dll into the plugin directory.

all those errors, sound like that 1964 is still configured to the default gfx plugin, which isnt jabos.

OP
E

ELmO

Yeah I got it fixed by myself, thanks for your help though i know its not enough to copy the dll, i dindt run setup thoug i was going directly to video settings.

You could say that's my fault, but with all the things this emulator can do it's weird it won't at least pop up a window saying "no settings for default driver".

the driver acts differently than pj64's. mario praty plays fine on pj64, but on 1964 the board is all minituarized (along with characters on the board), i tried different dlls and 32bit/not 32bit and cant get it to work fine like pj64 - ah well.

-ELmO