What's new

Anyway to get rid of mouse cursor?

dataangel

How to setup perfect dark controls?

I'm trying to use WASD + mouse look controls for perfect dark, but getting 1964's default input plugin to do it right is difficult. I put the controller setting in game on 1.2, and bound the analog stick to my mouse, and setup WASD for the c-buttons. Then I adjusted mouse sensitivity and increased analog range to 100%. This works pretty good except that I see the ingame cross hair AND my house, which is a little confusing for my poor brain.

I tried downloading the plugin specifically for n64 fps games (can't remember the name), but it doesn't have all the options as the default plugin, and it's option to lock the mouse cursor in the center doesn't work for me (the mouse goes to the center for a second then moves back to where it was and I can move it all over the screen again).

So, how do I lock the mouse cursor, or even better, just make it disappear?

Also, I have to move my mouse in quick movements in order for it to be detected. If I creep my mouse slowly the cursor doesn't move in game at all =(

P.S. There are long load transitions between picking a level and starting it. I have a really l33t setup and I don't remember the pause being this long on the real n64. Is there some option I should be setting?

Last edited: