Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gfx Card Test

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This program doesn't work for me, loads up, instant crash.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Make SURE you have the right runtime. You can grab them at the beginning of the thread where there's a link.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clements
    Worked for me, since I was using drivers that have preliminary OpenGL2 support. Before it didn't work at all, thus the note in the readme, but since there are drivers available that allow the shader effects.
    What 4 drivers r u using Clements? And since which drivers is OpenGL support?
    And the last question: what means preliminary?Handle the ATI driver OpenGL in a better way, or what?

And now, a great pic of GFX Test, shows my great Geforce 3 Ti 200:

(Thought it was an DirectX 8 card?!? What's happening? Wrong thougt or bug?)
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    grabbed the runtime, still doesn't work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW_DX
    And the last question: what means preliminary?Handle the ATI driver OpenGL in a better way, or what?
    I'm using the 60.72 drivers, a few of the ones before needed a reg to tweak to enable it, so I think the 60.72 drivers are the first to have it enabled from the start. It's preliminary since it's very new and is not reached the level of ATi's implementation yet (ATi drivers have supported it a lot longer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    clements you should give the 61.11 drivers a go. they are the best ive used so far. you can get them at guru3d.com in the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW_DX

And now, a great pic of GFX Test, shows my great Geforce 3 Ti 200:

(Thought it was an DirectX 8 card?!? What's happening? Wrong thougt or bug?)
    Pixel Shader 1.1 = Before DirectX 8.1 (not sure what exactly)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomulation
    Right, so I was wondering really, what EXACTLY the plugins require to work. All I know is that intel = bad, gf2 mx = okay. And Direct64, no pixel shader = no workie, pixel 1.1 = bad, pixel 1.3 = okay, pixel 2.0 = good
    I have some corrections to make here, yes, intel does = bad (P4, eat my Athlon XP's dirt) GeForce 2 MX really isn't that great, it would fall under no workie, NO PIXEL SHADER. my buddy has a GeForce 4 MX (there isn't much of a diff between them) and some games look like bleh (try running halo or far cry on there for fun ) However, Jabo's Direct3D runs great on the card, I use it to play N64 at skool (yes i am a demon )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a new card.. compared to my MX440 it's a beast.. having pixel shaders makes a man feel so powerful.. also bought a GeforceFX 5200, but it's a POS.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheik124
    I have some corrections to make here, yes, intel does = bad (P4, eat my Athlon XP's dirt) GeForce 2 MX really isn't that great, it would fall under no workie, NO PIXEL SHADER. my buddy has a GeForce 4 MX (there isn't much of a diff between them) and some games look like bleh (try running halo or far cry on there for fun ) However, Jabo's Direct3D runs great on the card, I use it to play N64 at skool (yes i am a demon )
    I mean for emulation. Jabo's works fine on gf2mx.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's what it gives to my Matrox G450.
    Why does it give the drop-down lists with 1 pixel height. You have to choose with keyboard the options? btw what is "Hardware vertex support" are they some kind of pre-computed vertex lists or what?

Anyways, good idea for a program and very useful.
    Last edited by euphoria; May 17th, 2004 at 13:35. Reason: Forgot to attach...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast