What's new

Mario Tennis black boxes and horrible frame rate

frenccw

hey i have a mario tennis USA rom and everytime i play it there is resolution problems , black boxes and horrible frame rate . How do i fix this ?

i have winME p3 733mhz 192mbRAM geforce256

TheLostMarioBro

I suggest you check the compatibility list, cause Mario Tennis is in the list of non/may not working games. It says some of those games might work if you switch to interpreter, but the game'll run slow for you I assume

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I find Mario Tennis works best if you use 1964 instead of PJ64, just make sure you are using Jabo's plugin though.

OP
F

frenccw

Recompiler or not it's still the same , the frame rate doesnt bother me that much but the ugly replay does . Is there anyway to see the replay nicely . Another problem is that the screen is slightly to the top left....is it bcoz of the resolution height?

2fast4u

at the borders of the field (the shaddows) should be somewhat koopas or else. as for me i have black boxes there (pj64, 1964 both w/ jabo 1.4 dx7 recompiler). in the replay usually the players are invisible.

bodie

you will find it looks better if you select force normal blending .. it clears up the shadow problems..you still don't see the bombs at the back of the court but you can't deny it looks loads better
regards bodie

OP
F

frenccw

yeah there's no back boxes there i fixed it with force normal blending bfor i took the snapshot : ) . But can't u guys see that the screen is not in the middle ?

RadeonUser

frenccw said:
yeah there's no back boxes there i fixed it with force normal blending bfor i took the snapshot : ) . But can't u guys see that the screen is not in the middle ?

We see it, but... some of us don't have that specific game, you'd have to edit the rdb manually and take a wild guess at what's the right res. Resolution Height=x and Resolution Width=x both this time...

OP
F

frenccw

I dont know which suits best.........i've tried changing them to different numbers but it doesnt look any better