What's new

1969 Locks up mouse functions

boo-urns

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum. I've been using 1964 now for about a week, and I have a slight problem with the program. I'm new to 1964 and basically all N64 emulators but not a n00b. I've been using emulators for years, being very comfortable with ePSXe, ZSNES, VisualBoy, Mame32 and FCEU

My problem is that anytime I run a Rom my mouse is completly unresponsive in the windows enviroment. I can't click on any file menus or buttons on the 1964 program, or any part of windows. The only way I can control the emulation is through keyboard commands. If I need to stop the emulation, I hit F4. Afterwards, I still have no control over any mouse functions. No click will respond. The only way I can do anything on my computer is to Alt-F and exit 1964 through keyboard commands. I can't find any options or controls that will disable mouse functions so I'm hoping that someone on this forum could solve my problem.

Otherwise, 1964 runs great. Best n64 emu. Here are some system details. If anyone can make some suggestions on how to better configure 1964, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
1964 v0.9.9
(Rice's 5.2.0 video, Schibo's 1.2 and N-Rage Dir inpt8 v2 1.80a)
Windows XP sp-1 (updated)
AMD XP1800+
MSI nForce2 mobo
512MB PC2700 cas 2.5
GeForce2 GTS
SB Live! 5.1
80, 20, 15GB HDD
Pioneer 40x16x DVD Slot-loading
Sony External DVD-RW +/-

Last edited:

sultanoswing

Welcome to the forums and 1964!

If you "change input settings...." then click on the Shortcuts tab, you'll see a keyboard shortcut to "Lock/Unlock Mouse". If you set that to something (say, "M") then you might be OK.

I get this problem occ. with 1964 too - bit of a pain to be honest.

Have you tried searching these forums for more help??

CJW

OP
B

boo-urns

Thanks soooo much. That did the trick. Just never thought to check the shortcuts tab under the Input settings.

Again, thanks for the help.

Boo.