What's new

1964 Vs. PJ64

IMP@QT

EMU Master
Im semi-new to emulation, and forgive my noobness, but what are the pros and cons of both of these emulators? Which one is better? And as far as plugins are concerned, what are the overall best and most compatible with more games?

Thanks for the help... :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I prefer 1964 to project64, its faster and I believe it is slightly more compatible with some games, it can run Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie better as well as Donkey kong 64(which still doesn't work right but at least polygons aren't flying around). the GUI is better as well.

1964 0.8.5 is best for Banjo-Tooie, who says old versions are worse? :p

However! Project64 is the choice emulator for Conkers bad fur day for sure, as well as the fact Project64 is out of the box working usually, 1964 requires more setting up.

Simply put, both emulators have their merits, both are nearly exactly the same in compatibility level, one is faster than the other.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Both emulators are pretty much equal in their pros and cons. I would also say that their compatability is about the same. You might wanna give both of them a try and decide for yourself which one is better.

knowitman

If you are new to emulation I would really recommend getting PJ64 on the sole reason that ScottJC mentioned earlier. PJ64 doesn't require near as much setting up, and Jabo's plugin is still top notch.

g00beRz

Peej
I myself find some games work better on either one. So I own the two most recent versions of PJ and I own the three most recent of 1964. I actually prefer 1964 for most games. It all depends on your preference.

willljjj

Banned
1964 all the way. It's harder to set up, as mentioned above, but once you configure it properly, it plays about 98% of games perfectly.