What's new

1964 turns 10

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nice to see a lot old members and green names posting here.
ET isn't dead yet it seems.
Happy Birthday to 1964 and thanks again for such an incredible emulator.
Even if the 1.0 Final probably never see the light of the day I hope for a source release, it will probably bring some guys and coders back to N64 emulation.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
10 Years! Congratulations, Schibo, and thanks for your work!!!

10 years ago I first met with Zelda and Mario on N64 emulators. 10 years…

Flash

Technomage
Congrats, 1964 is really awesome - runs a lot of games on my old PC (Tualatin 1200 OCed w/ V5 6K) at full speed.
10 years... There's nothing faster that time :)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I remember when i first encountered N64 emulation about 9 1/2 years ago. Playing Zelda and Mario on my PC, was a MAGICAL experience, one which i will never forget. I still remember how it looked like it was winter in Kokiri Forest, and that Link´s clothes was white, lol. That problem (Which i though was kinda fun to play with) was solved in a pretty short time, since i experimented with different kinds of emus. UltraHLE, Nemu64, Daedalus, PJ64 and 1964. PJ64 and 1964 ended up being my personal pick.

I still remember one time that i stayed up all night and played Paper Mario on 1964 with a kickass (And incredibly ugly) controller. (Sadly it broke. Should get a new one...) Good times...Incredible how it has been almost 10 years. Makes me feel shitty old.

Happy 10th 1964, you great sexy emu you...:bouncy:

Rich_T

Great to see so many old and respected names, and perhaps, a hint of hope of future work?

I think you should all be very pleased of how far the n64 emulation platform has come. There is something special about N64 emulation that has always made me check back for updates and i stil enjoy loading up zelda on 1964 just as much as i did the first time on my n64,,,,well almost :)

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
i agree with Rich_T!

it is a wonderful emulator 1964, we are really very very happy with the latest 0.9.9 version

Congratulations schibo! and also for all the team who make the magic of 1964 be real for all of us :)

thank you very much, i wanna give you an Oscar for such piece of art!

long live to 1964!

happy birthday ;)

DjPong

UltraHLE, Nemu64, Daedalus, PJ64 and 1964. PJ64 and 1964 ended up being my personal pick.
Sadly enough they stopped updating UltraHLE. It was one of the best emu's around at that time. I share the same experience like you do; Zelda on the computer without needing to kick my sister from her room to play Zelda on the N64.

:p And now I'm to lazy to connect my consoles to my TV. Save state is also a reason to use emu's.

I've never liked 1964 because it never emulated what I want. Im about to download it now and see what's it like.

;) Lets see what changed in like 10 years. Anyways congratulations. Unbelievable that I'm that old already.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's good to see some old faces again on this board. Grats on 10 years and maybe we'll see a new release someday.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Happy 10 1964. good to see ya Schibo and Rice, been a long time. Guess theres still a few of us old gang still around :)

IsakMtz

Congratulations Schibo

I don't speak english very well.
I used to play in 1964 some years ago, now in 2009, my cousin play a lot of games in your emulator because it's a great emulator.

Sometimes in my free time I play in 1964. Thank you for all and for your piece of art. :daedalus:

See you later, from Mexico City.