What's new

1964 problems with Zelda

AdamBa17

Hi,

i just downloaded this emulator (and all the others) and i downloaded Zelda - Ocarina Of Time. I cannot get it to work on ONE SINGLE emulator.
I downloaded all the video plugins and audio plugins that people have mentioned and i just cant get it to work.
I can get good graphics on some plugins, but my problem is that it runs SO SLOW every time. It is always stuttering and it takes a few seconds for the buttons to react etc. It is absolutely unbearable.

My OS:
Windows 98 special edition
Pentium(r) III processor
128.0MB RAM
1.5 GB free space
Video card: RAGE 128 VR (English)

my sound card says:
Soundblaster Audio PCI 128D Legacy Device

can someone please point me in the direction of, or assist me in decent settings etc that will work.

The Zelda version is 1.2
At the moment the settings are

video: Jabo's Direct3D6 1.30
sound: Basic audio plugin 2.0 for 1964
input: N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.82 (works great with my microsoft sidewinder pad.

thanks in advance for any help! (im desperate)

Clements

Your comp is a little under the requirements, mainly because of the Rage Pro, but your processor may be too slow depending on it's MHz (although 1GHz + Pentium IIIs are fine with 1964). RAM is a little limited, but you are using Win98 SE so that should be alright too.

I'd use Glide64 + eVoodoo as it'll give the least errors in the gfx.

Use either Glide64 0.5 + eVoodoo 4/Nemesis or earlier, or use Glide64 0.42 and eVoodoo 3.99 Beta, whichever works. Both can be found in the download sections. To use evoodoo just extract it to the 1964 folder and put the Glide64 plugin (not to be confused with Glide3x.dll!) in the plugin folder.

Use Azimers sound (either 0.3 or 0.4) and sync audio to gameplay in its settings. Try decreasing the resolution for a speed boost.

Last edited:

Hal

Bartman
Take my advice and just get a new cheap video card. Believe me, it will make all the diffrence.

OP
A

AdamBa17

thanks everyone, youve been really helpful. im trying it all out now.
im not sure how fast my processor is, im sure theres an easy way to find out right?

OP
A

AdamBa17

thanks for the help everyone.
i finally got past the intro (yay) and the speed have increased dramatically.
the only problem is, whenever there is a cut scene/txt box it slows down increbidly.
i put the speed % bar on and it will go up to 150% and then start dropping down to about 50 and the game will just struggle along.

in game, without the cutscenes, it will waddle along at about 75-80%

i just wondered, are there any settings that this game requires.
EG: Video speed sync?

im using glide 64 0.5 video, and aziemers audio v3.0 (old driver) audio.
do these plugins require certain settings also?
ie. wireframe, frame buffer etc?

also for the rom properties i have everything at default except.
dma in segments = NO
Max VI Limit = NO LIMIT
FPU Hack = NO
CF = 5

im not sure about the other weird settings like assume 32 bit etc (which is set at no)

anyway thanks again in advance!

Last edited:

Clements

AdamBa17 said:
thanks everyone, youve been really helpful. im trying it all out now.
im not sure how fast my processor is, im sure theres an easy way to find out right?

The easiest way to find it's speed is to go to the Control Panel and click System. Wait for a few seconds and some info appears and tells you the speed. I'm guessing ~800MHz would be good enough to play Zelda with 1964 fullspeed.

With the settings, leave everything at default if you can. The default settings is determined by the 1964 and Glide64 Team and should work fine.

There may be nothing you can do about the slow speed, but when the new 1964 comes out, it should be faster for you. Keep your eyes peeled for that.