What's new

1964 not working yet... help

PatrickS

I am new to 1964 and relatively new to N64 emulation. I cann't seem to get any of my roms to play using 1964. I have tried various combinations of plugins/options. Since NONE of my roms work, I'd say I am missing something very basic here... I know the roms are ok, because I can get them to run under PJ64. Basically, when I load a rom, I just get a black screen. The cpu counter reads 99%, all other counters (video, comipler, etc) read 0%. I get no sound or video. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? My admittedly old system specs are below:

AMD k62-450mhz
128mb ram
AWE32 sound card
GeForce1 DDR video (w/ Voodoo2 installed also)

Please help!
Thanks,
PatrickS

Clements

Yeah, that same thing happened with my old PC that is similar to yours. There is a good chance that nothing can be done about it, as I tried to get it to work and nothing worked. (works on new PC excellently, mind) It could be due to a combination of factors. I'm afraid you might have to try another emu like UltraHLE.

scotty

The Great One
If Ultra HLE doesnt work, Corn might, I admit Ive never used it, but I hear that it is the fastest N64 emulator, and can work well on slower CPU's

OP
P

PatrickS

I am using 1964 v8.4. I will go look for 8.5 now and see if I have better results. I'll report back with my results. Thanks to all who have replied so far (even though the answers aren't exactly what I wanted to hear...) :(

Regards,
PatrickS

schibo

Emulator Developer
1964 0.8.4 does not work on AMD K6 chips. 1964 0.8.5 does.

Last edited:

Clements

schibo, that was probably my problem! Oh well. Might dredge up my old comp and check one day :)

OP
P

PatrickS

Well, I have tried v.85 and the results are promising, but not yet satisfactory. I can now get all of my roms to work... for a minute or 2. But they all end up crashing (stack dump errors. I think invalid page faults or something like that). But when it is working, 1964 works great! Way faster than PJ64. So I am determined to get it working. I have tried various video plugins (both Glide64 for my Voodoo2, and D3D for my GeForce). I generally test with the no sound plugin. The results are alsways the same. crash after a minute or 2. This happens with all roms.

Any ideas what I could try next?

Thanks!
PatrickS