What's new

1964 LAN: Has it been done? Results?

GE Master

I'm still picking myself up off the floor after seeing pd on 1964. This leads me to the inquiry about a LAN and 1964. I realize the high demands of the emu, but who's done this, who could give me some info on this? I'm so blown away that I want to beef up my system just to do this. Please anyone let me know. I'm dying here...

oDD

/me odd
Yep I've played 1964 over a LAN before and its quite amazing. It works amazingly well and is fast. From what I remember (it was a long time ago) we played Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart and it ran smoothly. It should work with Perfect Dark fine also. All you need to do is download the Kaillera server from http://www.kaillera.com/ and run it on someones machine. Then in 1964 choose NetPlay... and click "Enter IP" then enter the IP of the person who's running the server (the person whos running the server connects to themself obviously), choose a game and away ya go! :D Have fun! ;)

Last edited:
OP
GE Master

GE Master

Oh man, this has me excited. Oh, did I mention that this has me excited? For whatever reason my system runs Perfect Dark as well as the console. I suppose the next question is, is 1964 going to be modified so that one players screen can be stretched to make only a single screen? If this type of thing is in the realm of possiblities, then there really is not limited to emulating the N64. There was a huuge following to PD and GoldenEye and players would shat themselves seeing it emulated as we're talking about.

oDD

/me odd
GE Master thats a great idea and it shouldnt be hard to do. A simple viewport change would do it. It would need to be implemented in the graphics plugin though. So youll need to persuade someone like rice to add it. ;)

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Holy shit, you must be kidding. This would be possible? You need to put me in contact with whomever could pull this off. This would be nothing short of revolutionary, whether or not the person doing this would think so. You could sign your name on the history books right now. So who's up for it? This would simply cause me to fall over! Either that or buy a new computer....

Wreck7

Multiplayer Saviour
Well....

I can't wait until I can find a Goldeneye Rom, this is sounding really awesome.

GE, I bet you and the other guys from the NGPA can't wait to use my Facility Back Zone with the Rom. Maybe then I can actually get the bottling tanks to work aswell....

Wreck7.

Good luck and God speed!

Wreck7

Multiplayer Saviour
Yeah....

That is the back zone of the Facility level, but is it my hack? Are all the doors, glass, weapons, armours, start/respawn points and the flag back there? I can't wait to get a Rom of Goldeneye, then I may be able to get the bottling tanks in that last room like I always wanted.

By the way Gentleman, maybe you could live up to your name and e-mail me the location of that Rom....

Just a question, that's all.

Thanks.

Wreck7.

Good luck and God speed!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Re: Yeah....

Wreck7 said:
That is the back zone of the Facility level, but is it my hack? Are all the doors, glass, weapons, armours, start/respawn points and the flag back there? I can't wait to get a Rom of Goldeneye, then I may be able to get the bottling tanks in that last room like I always wanted.

By the way Gentleman, maybe you could live up to your name and e-mail me the location of that Rom....

Just a question, that's all.

Thanks.

Wreck7.

Good luck and God speed!

Thats yours everything where it should be yes.

As for the request no can do & shouldnt even be asked here on ET.