ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Name: Sayargh
Date: 2003-09-29
1964 Version: 2003-09-27
________________________________________ _____________________________

1964 In general:

Describe the Problem:
Whenever I use 1964, ocasionally all other apps freeze for a few seconds, and 1964 is using up all of my cpu, in task manager it shows as 100% in use.

How to make it happen:
Just run 1964 and a few other apps and do some task switching every know and then

How Often Does this Problem Happen?:
Not always, ocasionally

Rate the Problem:
Not Urgent, as you're not likely to be playing roms in 1964 and doing other things at the same time

Rice

Emulator Developer
Can you see the CPU usage percentages on the 1964 statusbar? core? video? Video plugin might be the one which uses your CPU.

dukenukem

lord freiza
hey rice that happens to me if i am on the net at the same time,it will reach 100% in the compiler or core then it will crash.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Same plugins in PJ64 don't even reach 70% of my cpu in most cases, and 1964 is using assume 32bit :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess it happens before crashing.

Schibo, can you take a look of this? 1964 seems to crash under certain situation. At it always crashes in DEBUG mode. There are some bugs introduced recently, at least for the DEBUG mode.

Sayargh, can you reproduce the problem?

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I probably can, it involves multi-tasking, basicly just letting it run in the background, but 1964 isn't crashing, I said that ocassionally it hogs too much of the CPU, causing other applications to freeze, but they only do for a few seconds. they spring back to life again though. not an urgent problem.

Last edited:
OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah 1964 has a problem with Windows 98 computers right now, where as it won't crash on windows XP perhaps its the same problem and XP handles it differently?

skull1

im9i7
Rice said:
I understand.

dukenukem is telling the situations that 1964 does crash.

i was testing 1964 last night, i was able to make it crush by doing multitasking. just switch back and fort to other apps.

(win2ksp4)

schibo

Emulator Developer
Fixed.

"1964 is very CPU Heavy" bug is fixed in 2003-10-06 Patch. You will of course need speed limit on to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.