What's new

1964 0.9.9 and DK 64

scotty

The Great One
The barrell shooting sections of the game are still messed up, what counter factor is recommended to complete them??????

DK64 is amazing on this emulator, except for this and a few minor glitches in the chimpy camera.

bryantonline

Old School 1964
With a CF of 7, DK will go over the very first barrel, so you must wait until DK makes it into the barrel before changing the CF.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
I know from experience of playing this game how the counter factor makes him go over his target, I just wasnt sure which counter factor was best, thats all

bryantonline

Old School 1964
You will have to play with it on your system, 6 will probably be best for you. Games run different on different specs. My system is 1/3 the speed of yours, so it will be totally different for you than me probably.

foogy

could someone explain what a counter factor does...and what would be the best for my specs?

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
foogy said:
could someone explain what a counter factor does...and what would be the best for my specs?

Keep your counter factors as they are programmed unless you know exactly what you are doing. Counter Factor is one of the advanced contorls in emulating N64 games, messing it up might screw up a games timing. DK64 you might have to adjust it in parts of the game (IE. Barell shooting)

Trotterwatch

If you want to know what it means and what it does, read the 1964 helpfile which is handily included in every single download of the emulator :) It's a good read, honestly.