What's new

Give your opinion about the new "The legend of Zelda: Four swords plus" for Gamecube.

J

Juan Carlos

Give your opinion about the new "The legend of Zelda: Four swords plus" for Gamecube.

Hello everyone.

At this time you might now that Nintendo will release a new zelda game for gamecube. It has the same graphical apperance than in "The legend of Zelda: A Link to the past" released for Super Nintendo in '92. By the other side, the game concept is pretty similar to the one we saw in "The legend of Zelda: Four swords" for Gameboy Advance. Some of the adds of this new title is that you must connect a Gameboy Advance to the Gamecube in order to play it, because you'll need both screens. You'll have to look at your television screen while playing this game when you're forming a group with the other players. The Gameboy Advance screen is used to play the game when you get separate from the group. It will be an adventure game like we're to see in a "Zelda" game, but where we must cooperate with the other players in order to complete the.

Sounds pretty fun, but some people would expect another thing coming from a legendary title like "Zelda", and there's a big debate around this new game. So I would like to know your opinion about it. Thanks to all the ones who might say something about it.

I'll try to attach some sreenshots of the game for those who haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Judging by this post, and by your post on the DualScreen, you seem to be quite a shallow individual, and definitely have a bandwagon mentality.

First off, one thing that's really been bugging me lately is that Nintendo didn't "turn Zelda to look like a kid cartoon", they turned it BACK to that. Compare A Link to the Past's art style to Ocarina of Time's.

Second, Graphics Do Not A Good Game Make.

Third, 2D graphics work better and run smoother for having four characters on screen at once, and foster continuity between the GameCube and GBA's output (since you're going to look at both quite often for actual gameplay while playing The Four Swords, unlike Crystal Chronicles which just gives you a map and menus on the GBA).

2fast4u

this endless debatte about the graphics syle is also making me sick. some people seem to be afraid of their masculinity being questioned should they be so bold to like the wind waker graphics (of course thats a problem that tag didnt have to face). anyway, im judging the game when i play it, no sooner than that. oh and shots didnt show up either :unsure:

OP
J

Juan Carlos

Tagrineth said:
First off, one thing that's really been bugging me lately is that Nintendo didn't "turn Zelda to look like a kid cartoon", they turned it BACK to that. Compare A Link to the Past's art style to Ocarina of Time's.

Let me reply that. At not saying that "windwaker" is a cartoon game because of it's 2D like textures. Personnaly I think that suits the game just fine. But I didn't like at ALL the way caracthers look like. Besides "A link to the past" is originally a Snes game, and this console couldn't dispaly better graphics than the ones it has.

Tagrineth said:
Second, Graphics Do Not A Good Game Make.

You're quite wrong in that: graphics DO MAKE a good game. Other wise videogames developers wont spend so much time trying to make their games look better. If don't believe me, just look how video games looked like some years ago and compare it with today's ones.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Juan Carlos said:
You're quite wrong in that: graphics DO MAKE a good game.

Try again. With one statement you threw any shred of credibility in the rest of your statements right out the window.

OP
J

Juan Carlos

Hexidecimal said:
Try again. With one statement you threw any shred of credibility in the rest of your statements right out the window.

Oh... you don't agree with me... fine; it's your viewing point. Then... why don't you get an Atari 2600 console and play "pong" with it? I bet you'll have much fun with it.

And other question, smart guy: why do you think the videogame companies keep creating better console that can show better graphics, sound, and give you a much better gameplay? And why people just keeps buying them?

Conclusion; or you're dumb or ALL the rest of the videogame players are dumb. Think wisely about this.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Actullay, I'm going off the board to say, most all video game players have no taste. They happily play the newest clone with suped up graphics and marvel at the tech. I'll give the creators the props on the tech, but as far as creative gameplay goes anymore, I STILL play Super Nintendo more then I play my gamecube. Also, good graphics DO NOT make a game great, lets think about that for a second, XIII is a good example, Deus Ex 2 is another great one, Should I go on? Or have you had enough of an intelligent opinion for today?

OP
J

Juan Carlos

Hexidecimal said:
...most all video game players have no taste. They happily play the newest clone with suped up graphics and marvel at the tech. I STILL play Super Nintendo more then I play my gamecube. Also, good graphics DO NOT make a game great, lets think about that for a second, XIII is a good example, Deus Ex 2 is another great one, Should I go on? Or have you had enough of an intelligent opinion for today?

An "intelligent" opinion?! What are you talking about? I starting to think that is useless to talk about this with you; you're stuck in past. Awake up man!... Snes it's a goner already, like genesis and other ones like them. I have to admit that stills fun playing old snes games sometimes (especially if can get them free from the net) but you must live the present time.

Besides, think of all the games that are consider "masterpieces"... weren't them the games with better graphics in the system they were realesed to? Or this is too much "intelligent" for you?

But I can agree with you respect to the lack of taste of today's videogamers. If they had some taste, ps2 wont be the more selled console. Unfortunatly, no one can change that. Games are a business, not a hobby for those who make them.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Graphics help a game,
Gameplay can break a game,
Capture your audiance your game will be successful.

----

Having good graphics doesn't make a good game, tho it does help it.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Wind Waker is just a graphical upgrade from the Orcina of Time, other than that, it's the exact same game as before. As for comparing older games, graphically, to newer ones, OF COURSE NEW ONES LOOK BETTER, IT'S CALLED TECHNOLOGY! When pong was release, guess what, it WAS THE BEST LOOKING THING OUT THERE. When games were released for the snes, GUESS WHAT, they were the most stunning things you could get for a console. Gameplay is the only thing that can't really change with newer games. No matter how good the game looks, as Hexidecimal pointed out, just because a game looks great, doesn't mean the game is. You want to try a great game? Play the original Zelda. Oh but darn, you won't want to because it has crapy graphics because it was made in the LATE 80'S, ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO. Stonekeep? Might and Magic 1 through 6? Super Mario Bros. 1 through 3? All great games, and were the top of their league when they first got released, and I still play all those. Why? Because they're great games. :p
- Modem

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Snes it's a goner already, like genesis and other ones like them. I have to admit that stills fun playing old snes games sometimes (especially if can get them free from the net) but you must live the present time.

Besides, think of all the games that are consider "masterpieces"... weren't them the games with better graphics in the system they were realesed to? Or this is too much "intelligent" for you?

I dont understand the entire last paragraph, but this is a multi cultural forum so I'll attribute that to poor english skills. I don't however know what you mean by goner for the SNES. Yes, it is a dead console, as in, it is no longer being developed for, unless you want to count the GBASP which is more or less a handheld SNES. It is not however, a goner, it more or less set the standard for sidescrolling gaming, not to mention blasted open the metroid and zelda franchises. SNES was nintendo's last mindblowing console. Don't get me wrong here, i LOVE my gamecube to death, and the N64 was a flagship console in the 3D realm, but that last huge amount of staggeringly amazing and addictive games were on the SNES. I'm sorry if I've been coming off like an ass the last few posts as well, I've been in a bad mood, regardless though, aside from the upcoming Plethora of first person shooter mayhem that is abot to hit the PC in its face, there are not many games worth playing coming up. The world of 3D is great sometimes *cough* Grand Theft Auto Vice City*cough* but for the most part, my GBASP sees the most gaming action at my house, and not just because I have a flash cart, because I am tried and true, a retro gamer, you will sooner see me playing super mario world then super mario sunshine, and I will take Zelda LttP over any of the 3D games, and as far as I'm concerned, Metroid Prime was shite compared to any of the 2D games. Zero Mission espically.

OP
J

Juan Carlos

Hexidecimal said:
I dont understand the entire last paragraph,(...) . I don't however know what you mean by goner for the SNES. Yes, it is a dead console,....

Well, what I was trying to say was that games like genesis' "sonic", N64's "goldeneye", "perfect dark", "ocarina of time" or PSX's "Metal gear solid" (just as an example) are and will be consider very good games even consider they were released long time ago. But all these games have other thing in commun; when they were release, they were the best games in all ways, even graphicly. Or isn't that right?

Saying that the SNES is a goner is just an expression. I still playing its games and don't feel ashed for it. I was trying to say that no one developles games to it anymore, because new systems are released, and the older ones turn into history in no time. The videogame history works in this way "change or die".

Hexidecimal said:
...GBASP sees the most gaming action at my house, and not just because I have a flash cart... see me playing super mario world then super mario sunshine, and I will take Zelda LttP over any of the 3D games, and as far as I'm concerned, Metroid Prime was shite compared to any of the 2D games. Zero Mission espically.

If you have a flash card for the GBA, I'm happy for you. That way you can download GBA's rom images and play then direcctly in your console. But... forget for a moment that you have that amazing piece of hardware, and you have to pay sixteen bucks for each game, that aren't nothing more than remakes from snes, like super mario advance 2 and 3 or zelda a link to the past.
I bet you would think twice before getting any of then, especcially if I told'ya that a gamecube's game costs half than a GBA one (at least in my country - I don't know what's nintendo price policy in the United States)

Hexidecimal said:
...Metroid Prime was shite compared to any of the 2D games. Zero Mission espically
Hexidecimal said:

You must have wrote that wrong... because if you didn't, talking to you about videogames is a waste of time

Hexidecimal said:
......this is a multi cultural forum so I'll attribute that to poor english skills.

My englisk skills are just fine. You are the one who should pick up the "grammar book" before telling about other people writing skills, yankee. It's a just a shame that I've got to say this to you from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean... isn't it?

KingTom

aka "Passion"
ouch, man. no need to go all psycho. tone it down a bit.
by the way, Hexidecimal may not be a perfect grammar king, but I can understand him. it's like talking to a cow here with you

OP
J

Juan Carlos

The original "Legend of zelda" is a good game, but with really bad graphics. I can say it becouse I have the ORIGINAL cartridge. Even though its graphics were bad, it were far more complex that other games like "Super Mario Bros.". "Zelda 2: The adventure of Link", even it's a side scroller game had much better graphics and gameplay that his precessor.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Juan Carlos said:
My englisk skills are just fine. You are the one who should pick up the "grammar book" before telling about other people writing skills, yankee. It's a just a shame that I've got to say this to you from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean... isn't it?

Wrong.

You talk like a crack addict with ADD. If you'll notice, I tried to apologize for being an ass, because everyone deserves a chance to prove they aren't a complete fucking moron before I jump down their throats. You however, have proven, that you are an ass. For one, your english sucks. So once you can coherently string together a sentence that is either non-axiomatic (which would be redundant, look at that, no thesarus needed!) or non biased and pig headed, then you can talk to me about whatever it is your inane mind may be pondering at that particular moment. (Also, SHITE is old world for shit, fucktard)

Secondly, for me to be a yankee, I would have to live in the south, as you have no idea where I reside in the United States (PS: It's Pennsylvania) you can't accurately call me a yankee, you dolt.

Also, if you have the ability to buy the flash cart, wouldn't you take that option as opppsed to spending 30 bucks (not 16) a pop for GBA carts? It's not a matter of arrogance about having one, it's a matter of being intelligent enough to not spend extra cash in the long run.

Finally, Mr. Graphics Mean Everything, you refer to the graphics of the original Zelda as being "really bad". You need to pull your head out of your ass and think within the proper time frame, when The Legend of Zelda came out, the graphics were mind blowing, the shear scale of the game was mind blowing. Now, compared to current graphical marvels, yes, the graphics are supremely crappy, but, as far as storyline and shear originality goes, Zelda is truly a cornerstone of the video game industry. Your problem, (aside from lack of intelligence) is you are close minded, and narrow minded (both at the same time! bravo, nitwit). Broden your horizon a bit, see things from another point of view! You just might learn something.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Juan Carlos said:
Well, what I was trying to say was that games like genesis' "sonic", N64's "goldeneye", "perfect dark", "ocarina of time" or PSX's "Metal gear solid" (just as an example) are and will be consider very good games even consider they were released long time ago. But all these games have other thing in commun; when they were release, they were the best games in all ways, even graphicly. Or isn't that right?

Actually, there were SNES games that looked quite a lot better than Sonic when it came out.

And Metal Gear Solid wasn't technically impressive in its graphics by any stretch - the only thing that was impressive was that it used all realtime areas, unlike say Final Fantasy VIII and Chrono Cross which crushed it graphically but mostly had pre-rendered backgrounds. (on a related note, is it just me or does Chrono Cross have some seriously fucking awesome backgrounds in some battles?)

Saying that the SNES is a goner is just an expression. I still playing its games and don't feel ashed for it. I was trying to say that no one developles games to it anymore, because new systems are released, and the older ones turn into history in no time. The videogame history works in this way "change or die".

So why are new, original GBA games being released that feel, play, and even look a lot like old SNES games? And still sell well? And still end up being truly great games?

Hell, I'd say that Super Metroid looks a ton better than Metroid: Zero Mission.

If you have a flash card for the GBA, I'm happy for you. That way you can download GBA's rom images and play then direcctly in your console. But... forget for a moment that you have that amazing piece of hardware, and you have to pay sixteen bucks for each game, that aren't nothing more than remakes from snes, like super mario advance 2 and 3 or zelda a link to the past.
I bet you would think twice before getting any of then, especcially if I told'ya that a gamecube's game costs half than a GBA one (at least in my country - I don't know what's nintendo price policy in the United States)

You could try importing games if your English is as good as you say it is. It'd probably be a bunch cheaper.

And I personally own exactly one SNES remake for my GBA - Breath of Fire II, and that game for some odd reason was recalled on the SNES and is thus quite hard to get. Other than that, I own almost 20 GBA games. :flowers:

My 1.englisk skills are just fine. You are the one who should pick up the "grammar book" before telling about other 2.people writing skills, yankee. It's a just a shame that 3.I've got to say this to you from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean... isn't it?

1. Not only did you not capitalise it, you also did a great job missing the H key.

2. This word should be plural, and possessive - peoples'

3. I have got? Get rid of got, and the contraction, and you greatly improve your grammar.

Slougi

2fast4u said:
this endless debatte about the graphics syle is also making me sick. some people seem to be afraid of their masculinity being questioned should they be so bold to like the wind waker graphics (of course thats a problem that tag didnt have to face). anyway, im judging the game when i play it, no sooner than that. oh and shots didnt show up either :unsure:

I actually tried wind waker again the other day on my friend's cube and liked it so much i went out and bought a gamecube :p