Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GC Give your opinion about the new "The legend of Zelda: Four swords plus" for Gamecube.

Hello everyone.

At this time you might now that Nintendo will release a new zelda game for gamecube. It has the same graphical apperance than in "The legend of Zelda: A Link to the past" released for Super Nintendo in '92. By the other side, the game concept is pretty similar to the one we saw in "The legend of Zelda: Four swords" for Gameboy Advance. Some of the adds of this new title is that you must connect a Gameboy Advance to the Gamecube in order to play it, because you'll need both screens. You'll have to look at your television screen while playing this game when you're forming a group with the other players. The Gameboy Advance screen is used to play the game when you get separate from the group. It will be an adventure game like we're to see in a "Zelda" game, but where we must cooperate with the other players in order to complete the.

Sounds pretty fun, but some people would expect another thing coming from a legendary title like "Zelda", and there's a big debate around this new game. So I would like to know your opinion about it. Thanks to all the ones who might say something about it.

I'll try to attach some sreenshots of the game for those who haven't seen it yet.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juan Carlos; March 7th, 2004 at 16:05. Reason: Let start over, OK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Judging by this post, and by your post on the DualScreen, you seem to be quite a shallow individual, and definitely have a bandwagon mentality.

First off, one thing that's really been bugging me lately is that Nintendo didn't "turn Zelda to look like a kid cartoon", they turned it BACK to that. Compare A Link to the Past's art style to Ocarina of Time's.

Second, Graphics Do Not A Good Game Make.

Third, 2D graphics work better and run smoother for having four characters on screen at once, and foster continuity between the GameCube and GBA's output (since you're going to look at both quite often for actual gameplay while playing The Four Swords, unlike Crystal Chronicles which just gives you a map and menus on the GBA).
    -Tagrineth, flying above at the speed of an African swallow, because European swallows are wimps!

'What happen ?' 'Somebody set up us the bomb.' 'We get signal.' 'What !' 'Main screen turn on.' 'Its you !!' 'How are you Gentlemen?' 'All your base are belong to us.' 'You are on the way to destruction.' 'What you say !!' 'You have no chance to survive make your time.' 'Ha ha ha ha ....' 'Captain !!' 'Take off every 'ZIG' !!' 'You know what you doing.' 'Move 'ZIG'.' 'For great justice.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this endless debatte about the graphics syle is also making me sick. some people seem to be afraid of their masculinity being questioned should they be so bold to like the wind waker graphics (of course thats a problem that tag didnt have to face). anyway, im judging the game when i play it, no sooner than that. oh and shots didnt show up either
    ...and on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth
    First off, one thing that's really been bugging me lately is that Nintendo didn't "turn Zelda to look like a kid cartoon", they turned it BACK to that. Compare A Link to the Past's art style to Ocarina of Time's.
    Let me reply that. At not saying that "windwaker" is a cartoon game because of it's 2D like textures. Personnaly I think that suits the game just fine. But I didn't like at ALL the way caracthers look like. Besides "A link to the past" is originally a Snes game, and this console couldn't dispaly better graphics than the ones it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth
    Second, Graphics Do Not A Good Game Make.
    You're quite wrong in that: graphics DO MAKE a good game. Other wise videogames developers wont spend so much time trying to make their games look better. If don't believe me, just look how video games looked like some years ago and compare it with today's ones.

Emutalk Bounty Hunter. Hexidecimal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos

You're quite wrong in that: graphics DO MAKE a good game.
    Try again. With one statement you threw any shred of credibility in the rest of your statements right out the window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alien

Quote Originally Posted by Hexidecimal
    Try again. With one statement you threw any shred of credibility in the rest of your statements right out the window.
    Oh... you don't agree with me... fine; it's your viewing point. Then... why don't you get an Atari 2600 console and play "pong" with it? I bet you'll have much fun with it.

And other question, smart guy: why do you think the videogame companies keep creating better console that can show better graphics, sound, and give you a much better gameplay? And why people just keeps buying them?

Conclusion; or you're dumb or ALL the rest of the videogame players are dumb. Think wisely about this.
    Last edited by Juan Carlos; March 7th, 2004 at 15:44. Reason: Correction of some wrinting errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actullay, I'm going off the board to say, most all video game players have no taste. They happily play the newest clone with suped up graphics and marvel at the tech. I'll give the creators the props on the tech, but as far as creative gameplay goes anymore, I STILL play Super Nintendo more then I play my gamecube. Also, good graphics DO NOT make a game great, lets think about that for a second, XIII is a good example, Deus Ex 2 is another great one, Should I go on? Or have you had enough of an intelligent opinion for today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alien

Quote Originally Posted by Hexidecimal
    ...most all video game players have no taste. They happily play the newest clone with suped up graphics and marvel at the tech. I STILL play Super Nintendo more then I play my gamecube. Also, good graphics DO NOT make a game great, lets think about that for a second, XIII is a good example, Deus Ex 2 is another great one, Should I go on? Or have you had enough of an intelligent opinion for today?
    An "intelligent" opinion?! What are you talking about? I starting to think that is useless to talk about this with you; you're stuck in past. Awake up man!... Snes it's a goner already, like genesis and other ones like them. I have to admit that stills fun playing old snes games sometimes (especially if can get them free from the net) but you must live the present time.

Besides, think of all the games that are consider "masterpieces"... weren't them the games with better graphics in the system they were realesed to? Or this is too much "intelligent" for you?

But I can agree with you respect to the lack of taste of today's videogamers. If they had some taste, ps2 wont be the more selled console. Unfortunatly, no one can change that. Games are a business, not a hobby for those who make them.
    Last edited by Juan Carlos; March 7th, 2004 at 15:40. Reason: I did't wrote the post's last paragraph very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd respond but I really have no idea what you're trying to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Graphics help a game,
    Gameplay can break a game,
    Capture your audiance your game will be successful.

----

Having good graphics doesn't make a good game, tho it does help it.
    Quitters never Win, Winners never Quit; but those who never Win and never Quit are generally banned EmuTalk members.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast