What's new

Dolphin Mario Kart Double Dash intro video!

Evrain

The Forbidden One
LOL Desk. Factor 5 wasn't a subdiv of LucasArts? I think they were in charge for the sound engines of various LA games.
Evrain

Zilla

夢を見られた
Hmm, Open-source DivX decoders already exist for PPC, but adapting it for the GC is Amazing.
cool.gif

DesktopMan

Not really amazing :p. It's a cooperation between the divx creators and factor 5 (which did the starwars games, and other technical stuff for gamecube and gba). Also, adapting it for gc isn't really hard, especially when you have a big technical team with lots of gc experience, and support from the original creators :)

Evrain: See http://www.factor5.com

Last edited:

jalv

Amasing Work!!! Really (even if it's not in real game for mario kart double dash)
I would like to ask a question to the author.(I know that somewhere he won't ask me, but even he must know that people are waiting for)
I would like to know if he plan a release date for his emulator? if not can he explain us why (not enought quick,not enought develloped) ?

I am asking that because we see a really amasing work but we won't like that Dolphin finish like the Icarius emu for Dreamcast (only screenshots and vidéos but never released) (even that we know that his emulator and our wasn't fakes)

excuse for my bad english, i hope you won't feel agress by my question.

Last edited:

DesktopMan

The authors still want to be anonymous, but as of now, there is no planned release.

A release (which is unplayable for everyone because of speed) would just get them lots of flaming (emu is slow! make ... game work! etc).

I doubt it will end up as Icarus...

Remote

That's probaly in the near future for given reasons, computers today are to slow to run it at playble speeds and probaly a lot easier to keep the fire burning while not having the spotlight on them...

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Just on a personal opinion, speed doesn't matter as long as you "use" the emulator, not "play" with it. I mean, speed doesn't matter if you want to mess with an emu to see how it works and stuff, right? Comm games are the real problem, but as long as you can exploit your dear cousin's GC as I do... lol :p
Evrain

jalv

Remote said:
Probaly a lot easier to keep the fire burning while not having the spotlight on them...

You probably right, but that's just people like me who are waiting for testing it, since Org has not release a new version of his emulator, we can just only wait from the Dolphin autors to see a new GCEmulator...

Just hope that if one day the dolphin autors' are no more interest in the project, they won't forget to release it

Last edited: