What's new

Software video??

Knuckles

I know it's not a common things in plugin , software support, but I try to run N64 emulation on a PC that has a crappy 2MB 2d video card (no 3d acceleration).Don't tell me to change the video card because it's a laptop.

I tried many plugins, only 2 seems to work.
-Linker's NiGL build 508 ->wireframe mode, when not in wireframe , it's impossible to play and it's slower.
-And GlN64 (old version, 0.2.1 I think) showing the 3D with colors but no textures at a reasonable speed .

I tried the latest Rice's Daedalus 5.2.0 in DX mode and it says that since there is no HW 3D support, it will use a kind of software thing that emulate all 3D fonctions (but really slow) but when I say ok, nothing shows and the game goes in full speed (sound) and I can still control the game. I tried the OGL mode, stays black. tried all other OLG plugins = black.

I know Hacktarux started a little software video plugin, but for linux and he's not sure to continue it.

The Questions now:
1: Rice -> why does this software thing on your plugin doesn't seems to work?
2: anyone -> Is there any plugin available somewhere that could show something?

Last edited:

vleespet

The decent one
Ultrahle with the glidewrapper Gl2ideal is running much games at a really nice speed (full 3d, no bugs).

Edit: The Opengl of Ultrahle 2064 will also run fine in software mode.

Edit 2: And Nemu 0.7a will run at a really nice speed in software mode (sometimes even faster than in hardware mode).

Last edited: