What's new

PLS HELP ME!!! (having problem w/unoff. Daedalus D3d8 .08 Rel. 3)

THere is no picture but there is sound and if I press certain buttons it does respond BUT IT HAS NO PICTURE!!! There was one time it DID work but then i changed something again WHAT DO I DO!?!!?!? I tried changing options in the config but it doen't work! What can i do!?
/
//Note:
I have no video card.
I have 64 mb.
I THINK I have a P3 Processor LOWER than 1 GHZ
Is it still possible? It did work before, but I forgot what I did. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trotterwatch

//Note:
I have no video card.

Erm, you must have a video card else your computer wouldn't display a picture at all... now I would assume you have no 3D Accelerator (but seeing as you said it used to work... you must have one).

So now I am assuming you have an Intel POS or something - so first thing I'd do is download the latest version of Rices Daedalus (assuming you don't want to use Glide64 + Evoodoo for some reason) and use that.

scotty

The Great One
Why would you use the Daedalus D3D8, it is old. I recommend using Rice's daedalus 5.1.0d as it is the same author and it is better. Use Jabo's or glide if the problem persists

OP

DIRECTX ERROR I THINK RICE"S DAEDALEUS

OK. I tried the rice daedaleus but it has an error when it is detecting my DirectX device. What should I do now!? And the openGL plugin DOES work, but the screen is too big and the frame rate is slow as hell, how do I make it smaller for a better framerate?

PS: I think that's when it was working! (on the opengl video plugin)

David

OP

scotty said:
Why would you use the Daedalus D3D8, it is old. I recommend using Rice's daedalus 5.1.0d as it is the same author and it is better. Use Jabo's or glide if the problem persists
Where do i get Jabo?

Trotterwatch

First of all---start>run>dxdiag
Check the adaptor tab, what graphics card is listed?

Get Jabos via downloading PJ64 in the downloads section of this very site (check the main page and scroll down).

I recommend downloading PJ64 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.5.1 expansion.

This is so you get most of Jabos graphics plugins (which are excellent, and not available for download seperately).

dnrobs

trotter i just given my old comp to my niece she wants to play n64 emulated games on it,the specs if i remember are p3 500mhz,64mb ram,sis620 video card,20gb hdd will any emulator run at decent speeds on this system?

Clements

dnrobs said:
trotter i just given my old comp to my niece she wants to play n64 emulated games on it,the specs if i remember are p3 500mhz,64mb ram,sis620 video card,20gb hdd will any emulator run at decent speeds on this system?

That system is just below 1964's threshold of good quality, but heavily tweaked you may get good speed. The processor is weak and the graphics card is below recommend requirements. Try using 1964, an Azimer plugin for audio, disabling RSP and using Glide64 + eVoodoo. You may get some good speed with that on the system, but if not you can use UltraHLE 2064 instead.

Trotterwatch

I agree with the advice Clements has given. It may also be worth your while seeking out a very cheap Voodoo 3 PCI - which will then run the Glide64 plugin well.

OP

Trotterwatch said:
I agree with the advice Clements has given. It may also be worth your while seeking out a very cheap Voodoo 3 PCI - which will then run the Glide64 plugin well.

Is it easy to install? I think I know how, but I don't want to accidentally break anything. I was gonna make my own computer (build the componenets together), but I did not find a motherboard that had all my needs. Anyways, should I open my family's PC an do it?

PS: I know pretty well hoe to make a pC.

OP

Trotterwatch said:
First of all---start>run>dxdiag
Check the adaptor tab, what graphics card is listed?

Get Jabos via downloading PJ64 in the downloads section of this very site (check the main page and scroll down).

I recommend downloading PJ64 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.5.1 expansion.

This is so you get most of Jabos graphics plugins (which are excellent, and not available for download seperately).

Uh,, there is no "adapter" tab. But I know I have an Intel Graphics Controller or something like that.

dnrobs

bit of a contradiction there though 1964
if youre unsure of installing a new video card then building a new pc wouldnt be advisable
even with clear instructions on setting it up including the jumpers correct udma ide cabling theres still a chance of you frazzling cpu with a static charge
im not sure about youre point on motherboard tho asus asrock motherboards are cheap and can handle anything

OP

Trotterwatch said:
My bad, the tab is actually either Display or Monitor.

The device is: Intel 82810E Graphics controller.

It has 6.5 mb of ram, is this good?

David

pandamoan

Banned
1964 said:
The device is: Intel 82810E Graphics controller.

It has 6.5 mb of ram, is this good?

David

no. this is a terrible gfx card.

and i would say go for it on an upgrade, even if you're a n00b, you gotta start somewhere, and fortune favors the bold. in my experience the learning of actually doing something like that is worth more than whatever hardware you might damage.

i shop on www.pricewatch.com for the best deals.

i'd recommend a geforce 2 around the $30 mark,
a geforce 3 around the $100 mark,
or a radeon 9700 around the $300 mark,

although the radeon will only benefit you significantly on games not yet out, and they will be cheaper by then.

a geforce 2 will provide stellar performance for n64 emulation.

good luck!

OP

dnrobs said:
bit of a contradiction there though 1964
if youre unsure of installing a new video card then building a new pc wouldnt be advisable
even with clear instructions on setting it up including the jumpers correct udma ide cabling theres still a chance of you frazzling cpu with a static charge
im not sure about youre point on motherboard tho asus asrock motherboards are cheap and can handle anything

Well i'm not. I know I can install it, I just don't really fell like doing it, and as you said, of the static charge. If I were building a new PC, the parts wouldn't be used and there will be no static charge, so, there, that's my explination.

Clements

I'm no hardware installation wiz, so I just get the guys in the store to do it for me. That way, I can never get blamed for it going wrong.

It may be a lot less convenient since many stores do not upgrade right before Christmas, which is the stuation I am in now...