What's new

Can somebody explain to me how to export textures w/ VRML?

HolidayStyles16

I'd like to take a look at some of the objects from MarioKart levels in 3DS Max, but I can only export the geometry (from VRML) export, not the textures. I understand it has something to do with the "texture debugger", but I don't understand how that thing works. Please help.

OP
H

HolidayStyles16

I got it, but it doesn't seem to work. I can still dump geometry, but NOT textures.

What folders should I configure to where in the "settings"? What should I put for the following (either game or Nemu plug-ins?):

Mempack

EEProm

SRAM/FlashRam

Savestates

EDIT: I tried the plug-in with both MarioKart and Goldeneye in Project64. I still can't get textures to dump for either of them, and in Goldeneye, the geometry always comes out sort of messed up in 3DExploration (usually distorted). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong...but where are the textures supposed to go, and in what format are they dumped?

Last edited:
Note: Goldeneye doesn't work right at both Nemu 0.8 and TR64 OGL. For Goldeneye I strongly recommend 1964.

I'll give an explanition which everyone can understand (even the newbies like you :p ):

1: Download TR64 OGL 0.8.6.
2: Put it in the plugin-dir of Nemu
3: Start Nemu and press F8
4: Choose the TR64 OpenGL-plugin for graphics and press enter.
5: Press F12
6: Check "enable texture dumping".
7: Start your game.
8: Enjoy ;)

You can also use the VRML-output of the TR64 plugin.

OP
H

HolidayStyles16

Look, I'm not THAT dumb. Notice that I said I tried the games in Project64 (I gave up on Nemu). I that all of that stuff before (except with PR64). I know I have to select the plug-in and check the output when I'm doing it.

However, textures still won't dump for some reason. Are they supposed to get dumped with the output.wrl file or what? What format are they in?

Furthermore, when I set the uCode to MarioKart, Project64 crashed.

Last edited:
OP
H

HolidayStyles16

OK, with when I changed the subdirectory name to "tiles", it still didn't work. Still getting VRML only, not textures. Also, can somebody tell me what format the textures are supposed to be when exported?

icepir8

windows bmp format.

remember to enable texture dumping before you start the game. If a texture has been cached it will not be dumped.

OP
H

HolidayStyles16

OK, I managed to finally extract the damn things by enabling the debugger before starting the game (instead of during the game). That made the difference. Thanks.

Now, the only problem is, how do I get all of the different textures (there are over 400 from the Goldeneye "Runway" level that I extracted) to show up on their respective surfaces in the output.wrl file in 3DExplorer? Applying each texture by hand would be very tedious, since there are so many.

robpearmain

I am still having problems though

I am trying to use it with Mario64 and Yoshis story. What do I need to set it to to get these games working (1 through 6) as the debugger always tells me the graphics driver cannot work with the game

Cheers

Rob

Last edited: