What's new

Poll - GameCube - Commercially Dead?

Nintendo GameCube - R.I.P.?

• It's the N64 all over again. Faliure is a sure thing.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes, because Nintendo Europe/UK Suck(ed) Ass... Big Time. Morons!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No... wait, there's still a chance for the machine no one wants to sell...

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • What's a "GameCube"? Never even knew it was out. (See what I did there?)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
DuDe said:
You see, what's wrong here is your initial point, in which you claimed that you're not as hyped by SC:G because it's made by Nihilistic, and not by Blizzard. To that I say, so what? What has Croteam done before Serious Sam? What has Capcom done before Street Fighter? What has Blizzard done before Warcraft? Precisely zit, nada, nothing. And that's why I never dismiss a game before I get to play it because it's made (or not made) by a certain company.
And for the protocol : Redemption is by far one of the most underrated RPG games of all time, mainly because it's reviewed before it was patched the hell up.

Yes, obviously a game thats good would get its kudos whether its company is known or not. But we're talking about the hype here. In your examples, what hype did SS, SF (you must be talking about SF2, SF wasnt that great :p), WC get? yep, none. I never went out to claim that SC:G will be the shitz. Im just saying so far its way too overhyped. Its role in the current console wars is still unknown, as opposed to what the hyped ones think (On the other hand, *IF* Blizzard said that they are making SC2, with mouse support, only on xbox, THAT would be something to be hyped about, would almost surely be asskicking awesome AND tide the xbox/gc fight in microsoft's favor).

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
If you ask me, I still think that consoles are going to eventualy die, and computers are going to become more convenient.

smegforbrain

nullroute said:
Nintendo has been in a slow demise every since the screwed Sony. And it didn't help when they pissed off Squaresoft. Sony dominates the market right now, and Micro$hit is doing what they do best : using large guns to muscle their way into what ever market that they want to take over.

Well, Nintendo would still be at the top of the game, I agree, if they had worked with Sony.

But Nintendo didn't really piss off Square - I can't think any of the console makers would go "we have to do it this way because one company said so".
Nintendo stuck with carts, and it didn't work out in the end.

I do agree with the MS comment though.

In the end though, I'm wondering how far consoles can go, especially when any more they are just PC's without monitors and hard drives, and even that Phantom is supposed to have a hdd in it.

Clements

It seems they are just rushing out new consoles (especially Sony and Microsoft, who announced successors just months after releasing their consoles) and not focusing on what's important - the games, and not hardware. Imagine how big a 2D RPG would be on a next gen system- I'd buy that. It ain't gonna happen, because the kids nowadays what to see the latest 3D technology only.

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
look at my computer-specs! all i can say is: I loooove SeikenDensetsu3! *smile* it was the best 2D-RPG ever made IMO
And i like to play Mariokart as well via zbattle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.