What's new

animal forest translation?

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Quvack said:
gametrad taught me a few new things about how the game works and shared a few ideas, still looking into changing the default font sizing though, its just not gonna work properly until that happens. I've started writing a program to make parts of it easier but I've no idea how that'll turn out, my coding skills are still rather limited. I'll post some screenshots of my and gametrad's different progress, when I get a chance to take a few more :)

And its a damn shame he asked for the ROM and got himself banned.... He mighta made himself kinda known for the Animal Forest translation too....

Quvack

yeah the banning is unfortunate, but he'll still get known for what hes doing :) I'll post some screenshots of some things hes done in a bit, just need to get this computer to behave for long enough to be able to.

actually he didnt ask for the rom, he posted a link to it if i remember the post properly, either way its against the rules though. cant go making exceptions i guess :S

Quvack

Trotterwatch said:
You have contact details for each other though yeah? :)

Yeps! I would have caused hell if I didnt :p I'd been looking for someone else crazy enough to attempt this for ages :)

Quvack

Sorry, I've been really busy with that "Real Life" thing, its keeping me from spending 24/7 on a rom hack, how dare it!! I'll post some screenshots of what Gametrad's done at the moment with his french translation in a little bit.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Lol, so you guys are going to do a French and English translation? Sounds good guys. Keep up the work, seems like you're making good progress.

Quvack

Hehe yeah thats how it seems to be going :) Anyways, here's some screenshots of what Gametrad's been doing with the game. I'm about the same progress wise now, but I dont have my stuff on this pc at the moment so Gametrad's ones will do nicely anyway :D
Progress wise I'm still looking into changing the default text size, otherwise things are just gonna be a mess when changing the rest of the dialog.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Wow, that looks GREAT. I can't wait to see it in ENGLISH, lol. By the way, dont mind people who pressure you to release betas and stuff, just release it over time IF you feel like it ;) Dont let the public put pressure on you. Ive seen some dev teams really screw up stuff after they let the public get to them. So, remember, no release promises, no certain language translation promises, and dont let the public pressure you into releasing it ;)

P.S: If you need any help or anything, just tell me what I could help with. I like being helpful when I can :p

Quvack

I'm really not pressured in the slightest by people pressuring to release 'betas' and stuff like that, I'll probably release something once I've translated all of the introduction part of the game just to show how its going, changing the text wont take long for that bit but the text sizing is, which is why it may take a little while. If they wanna play the game there is always the GC version, I never originally intended to translate the entire game but we'll see what happens I guess :)

Hopefully I can get some screenshots of the English one up soon, need to get the stuff off my laptop and I'm just too slack :p

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Heh, I'm just interested in the translation so i can play the game on my pc when my bro is gone :p (yes, i own the real game, and he swipes it all the time, lol) Can't wait to see those english shots ;)

alexp2_ad

How does the time work for this ROM, (sorry, this is slightly off topic!) but how does it keep the time on the ROM or does it retrieve it from the BIOS clock or something...?

Quvack

alexp2_ad: From what I remember reading the cart has a RTC (real time clock) within it which the game keeps time with.

foogy: currently im using ipsXP, but when it comes to a release or something I might use one of those programs which allow you to put the patch into an exe file, hopefully this will make it easy enough for people to understand, and so they wont have to screw around with other programs.

Quvack

It seems to run alright, I'm thinking time passes a little too quickly but its good enough, still playable, doesnt seem to effect anything too much.