What's new

What gfx card?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just wondering if there's a way to detect what gfx card you have if you don't have the manual and can't open the computer itself. Windows doesn't detect it, it installs an unknown device which says "vga compitable" (duh, as if any card isn't vga capable today).

I would like to find out the gfx card's name so that I can get better drivers for them...windows drivers sucks horrible all the time!

Slougi

I don't know about windows, but get any linux boot floppy/cd, boot it, and type 'cat /proc/pci' to see all pci devices.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
It'll be listed in System Information, which is somewhere in the administrative services of an NT based Windows.
Also, you could use 3rd party software, like Sisoft Sandra (I think that's spelled right.)

Also, as was pointed out, the bios will sometimes tell you.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Meh. Don't tell anyone, but it's a school computer. It has "the lagging effect." If anyone has had a gf ti card (with my ti i've experienced it) with the windows drivers, you'd experience this. It sucks and i wanna fix it!

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

What about sound cards?
And is there any chance of link to these software...seemingly, they're overshadowed.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres a way to do it

Click Start, then run

and type in Dxdiag, go to the Display tab, tells you its name and stuff..

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Yes...but it displays the onboard...I need to know the cheap soundcard i have...for the sake of the gameport.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Need drivers for it, however. I can't access it as of now. Windows doesn't recognize the sound-card, nor the gameport it seems.