What's new

Saturn Emulation Screenshots

z3ntn3l

Hey Guys!
I have some new Screens.
Here: Die Hard Arcade

I tested it with SSF 0.07 Prototype R13 and Satourne 1.1p
It runs faster with Satourne (30 - 40fps) but with Satourne it has some grafic glitches and no Sound. On SSF its slow and has no Glitches and of course no Sound :p

The Pictures:

SSF
diehardarcssf007pror1312sx.jpg

diehardarcssf007pror1329xq.jpg

Satourne
diehardarcsatourne1112lx.jpg

diehardarcsatourne1123az.jpg

diehardarcsatourne1137mo.jpg

diehardarcsatourne1146bu.jpg

diehardarcsatourne1150uw.jpg

diehardarcsatourne1168qv.jpg

z3ntn3l

Some Screenshots of ShinobiX run with SSF 0.07 Prototype R13:

shinobixssf007pror1313ir.jpg

shinobixssf007pror1324ny.jpg

shinobixssf007pror1338ni.jpg

shinobixssf007pror1341tx.jpg

shinobixssf007pror1357hq.jpg

The Game runs almost perfect.
Just skip Intro Movie after Sega Logo and after pressing Start in Main Menu Screen by pressing Start Button all the Time.
Then the game is full Playable. Very nice and speed is nice too :happy:

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Vegeta said:
How on earth do you get bilinear filtering (filtered/smooth) textures in GiriGiri?

I recall it was assertained that it's because some older video cards forced bilinear filtering when you set a certain AF option. Haven't gotten it to work on my current video cards myself since they are a bit newer.

Talbain

Moo.
I think it has to do with the version of Giri Giri being used... my ingame screens of Dragon Force are similar.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
SSF 0.07 Alpha R6

Here's a shot of Nights Into Dreams running on the latest version of SSF (with scanlines!). In the past few weeks SSF showed some impressive progress; it is now faster (Dynarec), it has better GFX and the FMVs run fullspeed even on my Pentium M @ 1.73GHz...
Did I mentinon that it now has a quite advanced audio support? If you have a decent Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 CPU I highly recomend to give it a try, it's really impressive!

Homepage: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You need a CPU with SSE2 instructions (preferably a Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 @ 2GHz) and of course the Saturn BIOS. There are a few games that run quite flawlessly (Story of Thor 2, Thunderforce V, Shining Wisdom, etc.) but unfortunately Shining Force 3 and Nights Into Dreams seem broken in the latest alpha (Nights freezes at some point and Shining Force 3 doesn't boot).

deathace

Can SSF run panzer dragoon saga? I tried it with Giri Giri, and the FMV was really choppy and there were no music during battles, is there any way to fix that or any emu that corrects this particular game?

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Where can I get Giri Giri Saturn Emulator? Also which emulator has the best display? I can't seem to get Satourne to work.

Marauder

I hadn't tried SSF in a while, so I booted up the new version, and it's looking better than ever! Great shot there, Psyman. Panzer Dragoon 1&2 ran great, as did Sega Rally (pretty much perfect). The big surprise for me so far was Sonic 3D Blast running perfectly! Pretty mediocre game, but I always loved the music in this one--it was fun to play it a bit again. Here are some shots. I'll test out a couple other games tomorrow to see what else may be running better.

Marauder

As promised, another shot from the awesome emulator, SSF. Thunder Force V worked perfectly, but frequently kicked me back to the CD player when it was loading (at the end of levels). Awesome game, nonetheless. Tomorrow, I'll have some shots from Guardian Heroes, which plays flawlessly! TFV:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Some Virtua Cop shots - 100% playable.

R7 fixes the NiGHTS issue. It too is 100% playable.. as well as everything else I've tested (Three Dirty Dwarves, demo disc, Guardian Heroes).

Damn the memories are flowing in.. SSF never ceases to amaze.

.jpg compression really kills the color quality of these shots.. in motion, it's not nearly that washed out.