Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alien HLE != Nvidia-Friendly?

I really like the idea of HLE, and I think it is the way to do it. As with many emulatos I see today, NOBODY likes to use Nvidia (geforce). I currently have a Geforce 4 MX 128 MB GFX card, and I am sticking with it. Is there a emu out that really does have compatability with Nvidia/Geforce? So far I just see emus with Voodoo compatability(UltraHLE). If there is, please link me up! thanx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yep

project 64 & 1964

in fact any thing that uses a D3D plugin or openGL plugin.

or even if you use a plugin like glide64 there is a really good wrapper for D3D called eVoodoo.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Afaik, it's only uHLE & sHLE that was built for voodoo in mind.
    uHLE 2064 has an option to use the glide plugin (originally made from the uHLE source)...

Most other emulators are made with a high-end card like nVidia's geforce and ati's raedon 8500+ in mind.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krog
    I really like the idea of HLE, and I think it is the way to do it. As with many emulatos I see today, NOBODY likes to use Nvidia (geforce). I currently have a Geforce 4 MX 128 MB GFX card, and I am sticking with it. Is there a emu out that really does have compatability with Nvidia/Geforce? So far I just see emus with Voodoo compatability(UltraHLE). If there is, please link me up! thanx
    There is no gf4 mx with 128mb, it has to be 64mb or a ti

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little late perhaps?
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    There is no gf4 mx with 128mb, it has to be 64mb or a ti
    I know of three 128MB GeForce4 MX cards:

128 Meg GForce 4 MX440 SDR
    128 Meg GForce 4 MX440 DDR
    128 Meg GForce 4 MX440 DDR 8 X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krog
    AFAIK, ALL of the major GFX Plugins that aren't made for Glide (which is 2, Glide64 and UHLE,) including Jabo's & Rice's (the "best" plugins,) are more compatible with Geforce's and (most?) made/debugged on a Geforce (Rice's & Jabo's for sure.) Your statement is quite wrong. It is ATi cards that suffer compatibility problems.
    "There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead." - George W. Bush

Master Sporksman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't have mentioned it had uHLE not been mentioned, but I think Corn is Glide only as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Corn uses d3d. NOt glide.
    "I hate the art of fighting, but I need to be the king of fighters."
    System Specs: [Intel [email protected] ghertz][2x2Gig DDR2 1066][EVGA 8800gtx][Asrock Intel SLi Dual SATA2]

My Online Mall

Master Sporksman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eep, and I just set it up on a computer with no Voodoo card about a week ago, I shoulda known better. Bleh. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast