What's new

sound in pj64/nemu

borat

hey.
ive been using nemu 0.7a with the new audio plugin and pj64 and i keep having the same problem: the sounds play about 1/2 a second after they should. this happens with different roms and with both of the built-in audio plugins for pj64. the roms are fine (tested with goodrom) and play perfectly otherwise. my computer is more than good enough to handle the stress, so i know its not a performance issue. i realize that this is kind of a minor problem, considering that emulating systems can easily cause far more drastic problems, but its getting freakin' annoying cause its always out of sync.....plz help thx

returno

Sticky: FORUM RULES - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Please read the thread called

Sticky: FORUM RULES - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

You have included the perfect amount of info in your post for the mind-readers among us. However, those people tend not to read the forum very much - for obvious reasons.

Also, I'm not sure this post is even on topic. This plugin isn't a PJ64 plugin I'm guessing - so why are you posting here? But who knows - you didn't say.

Happy reading. Have fun!

OP
B

borat

???

i dont see what else i should have to include, except that my drivers are all up to date.... i mentioned the audio plugins that youre mystified about when i said 'both of the built-in audio plugins for pj64' by built-in, i mean they came with pj64, so i dont know why youre guessing that theyre not pj64 plugins... to be more specific, they are Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 and zilmar's Audio Plugin. i didnt include the specific names of them because this being a pj64 forum, those who use it should be familiar with pj64, and if they didnt know what plugins i was referring to, they would know that theyre the DEFAULT plugins that everyone uses with pj64. and since i made it obvious that i was using pj64 with its built-in audio plugins, i dont see why my post was off-topic. yes, i did mention nemu 0.7 and its sound update (there's only one widely used sound update for nemu) and i know nemu isnt the focus of this forum, but it wasnt the focus of my post either. i mentioned it so that ppl would know that its not necessarily a problem isolated with pj64, but could still be something to do with pj64 that it has in common with other emulators......
if theres any more confusion that needs clearing up, let me know, but only if it hasnt been address in this post or my previous one.

cheers