What's new

Goldeneye, N-Rage, Mouse

buljarse

Ok I'm going out of my mind trying to get the mouse to work with Goldeneye. I'm using the latest N-Rage plug and I've downloaded ppl's config files for Goldeneye and allsorts but still no jiy. I've messed with modifiers etc, etc. but STILL Graaaaagh! the wierd thing is... The EMU is detecting the mouse input when setting the controller values ie I click to config button A or whatever and wiggle the mouse and the integer is detected but it just does not work in actual gameplay whereas keyboard inputs do. My comp is way over spec and the game appears to want to run fine but I can't get anywhere without the mouse support. this is like my favourite game of all time. Please take pity and help me!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just tried another plugin, Darkman's I think. The mouse is actually being picked up in the game with this one but some of the controls are f'd up so I still need to sort another plug out.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Are you certain that everything is configured correctly? I would start by selecting the 1.2 or 1.4 control style (in the game, not the plugin). That will set the analog stick to look and the C-buttons to move. With this established, configuring the plugin is more straight-forward. Map the analog axes to your mouse, the C-buttons (movement) to AWSD or whatever suites you personally, A B and Z to whatever, etc.

If things still aren't working for you, then there are other issues at play. Perhaps someone else can offer insight because I would be at a loss. :)

Also, this modifier will help with the aim/zoom function in Goldeneye if you haven't already figured it out by now (and assuming everything else works). None of the controls are configured, just the modifiers. The rest is up to you. :)

scotty

The Great One
N-rages input plugin always freezes on me when I try to use it, so I just am keeping with Jabo's plugin, it works best for me, and I can control the analog stick with PJ64.

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
To solve the locked mouse thingy, you must go to the N-rage config->shortcuts and assign a shortcut to lock/unlock the mouse.

OP
B

buljarse

Cheers y'all. Gave up and bought a big meaty joystick in the end which works sound. Wierd though, I tried doin' the mouse thingy on another machine that is well infirior to my main game one and it worked a treat apart from the mouse resets to its home position when using aim. Maybe 'cos it has an Nvidia card, who knows.