What's new

questions regarding jnes

smegforbrain

First off, this is one of the best emu's I've found yet, and I have no plans to have to change to another again (having already gone from one to another just to find one that would play most NES roms).

Now, you mention not to request mappers to be supported... not really a problem, since most of the mappers that JNes doesn't support is nothing but games that I probably won't play.

Is there really a reason that all mappers aren't supporterd?
This has been a huge problem for NES emulators, in that some support some mappers, others support some.

Second, is there anything that can be done regarding games that appear scrambled when loaded in JNes?
Mostly, I'm referring to KOEI games here, but they are most of my favorites :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
smegforbrain said:
First off, this is one of the best emu's I've found yet, and I have no plans to have to change to another again (having already gone from one to another just to find one that would play most NES roms).

Now, you mention not to request mappers to be supported... not really a problem, since most of the mappers that JNes doesn't support is nothing but games that I probably won't play.

Is there really a reason that all mappers aren't supporterd?
This has been a huge problem for NES emulators, in that some support some mappers, others support some.

Second, is there anything that can be done regarding games that appear scrambled when loaded in JNes?
Mostly, I'm referring to KOEI games here, but they are most of my favorites :)

Mappers not supported is simply like you said, games I feel most people aren't going to want to play, well the target audience for jnes anyway. as far as games being scrambled .. dunno :) i'll see if i can find that game at some point

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

Sorry, I didn't word that very well.

The company that makes the games is called Koei.

Their NES titles include Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Genghis Khan, Nobunaga's Ambition, and a half a dozen others.

The only one that runs without a hitch is Rot3K. Most of the others will start, but are screwed up so you can't play them.

If you could find a solution down the road for this problem, I'd be grateful, because it means I wouldn't have to turn to another emu to play them :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
-update-

actually, those aren't, they are MMC1 games with some form of extended-writable-RAM, i took a look, it doesn't even get to the part where it uses that tho i think, so no clue why it wont boot

Last edited: