Thread: are these bugs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are these bugs?

After playing around with 1964's new release for a while, i've noticed some very strange things that never used to happen before:

Whenever I try to uninstall 1964 from the registry using the script provided, I get a message saying 'The specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files.'

Whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts, eg alt and enter, a message comes up saying '1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe'. This happens at random intervals, sometimes I can go fullscreen, sometimes the emulator brings up this error message.

When attempting to start up a rom, the message '1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe' comes up. Again, this is totally random and I have no idea why it happens. Sometimes I can play roms, sometimes I can't.

My specs are pretty similar to the test machine on the faq, and I've seen no mentions of these problems.

Can anyone help?
    CONTRADICT ME AND DIE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi theacj,

For the reg file, I assume Windows ME is similar to 98, in that the way i wrote the reg file won't work on these operating systems. We need to write a new .reg file to support them. Afaik, as far as i know, it will only work on 2000 and XP.

Full screen...yep it is quirky, we may release a patch for it soon..the issue is the graphics plugin is trying to update video during the switch.

The best way to avoid the "random crashes" when loading a new game is to close out 1964 before loading that new game...this has not been ironed out completely. But we'll sort it out

schibo
    -schibo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks schibo. speedy response as well!
    CONTRADICT ME AND DIE

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yup, that's my problem too, alt-enter and it says video screen failed to update most of the time, i have to alt-enter as soon as i start the game to avoid it screwing up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might help then : http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92