What's new

problem with 1964...

heliotropic

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious, I'm pretty new to N64 emulation, and I usually used Project 64, but I also wanted to give 1964 (v0.7.2) a shot to see if it might run a bit better, and the main problem is that it runs incredibly slow (Much slower than Project 64, so I don't think it has to do with my specs), but then I see in the readme file that the plugin has problems and it is recommended to take the Jabo's Direct3D plugin from Project 64 and put it in the plugin directory for 1964...problem is, it's not showing up

I've searched for ways to update the list of drivers, I've also tried closing and reopening the software, and inserting other drivers into the directory to see if they would show up, but none of them do, only the original ones that came with 1964

what is it that I'm doing wrong? any help or comments about my stupidity are appreciated

p.s. does netplay work pretty well? That's one of 1964's features that I wanted to try out...

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hi. go here to download 1964 0.8.4 and then grab the patch for 0.8.5. If you still have problems with plugins after that please let me know.

OP
H

heliotropic

Hmm, ok, that version works a lot better, so I guess I don't need to worry about the plugins :p

I wasn't aware there was a newer version, it seems to be working fine now...

Thanks for your help :)