What's new

Solution to memory allocation error :¬D

13rian

Go to control panel -> system -> advanced -> performace settings

You should now have the "Performance options" menu, in "Visual effects" click "Adjust for best performance" and finally click apply

Your desktop appearance should be classic style, and Project 64 will work without the error messages

:inlove: :pj64: :inlove:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i would use compatibility mode as a last resort, it might reduce performance or whatnot. there have been almost as many solutions to this error as people with it, it's a general lack of resources of some kind, i might add more things to the FAQ.

PimpDaddyStu

The Disco King
cheers 13rian 'the 'Adjust for best performance' setting worked

Doomulation I've tried all the different compatibility options and none of them work so it musn't work for everyone

OP

13rian

No problem PimpDaddyStu, Im glad you got your PJ64 running

After 'Adjust for best performance' I have noticed a few extra points in my 3DMark score too :colgate:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
PimpDaddyStu said:
Doomulation I've tried all the different compatibility options and none of them work so it musn't work for everyone
Well, seems to have worked good so far for this "known issue", if it isn't the real thing causing it, but oh well.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Meh. Didn't work.

Removing the Spiffy-ification didn't work, compatibility modes didn't work. Allocation error still there. Screenshot proof saved.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Pagefile problem

Go to Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>System>Advanced>Performance>
click on the Advanced tab and then click on Virtual Memory.

Make sure the pagefile is at *LEAST* 220 MB!

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I can free up just over 200MB physical.

My pagefile min is 384, max 448, as I always have had it since Win98SE... why anyone would restrict themselves to less than 200MB page, I can't understand, because some apps are DESIGNED to use a >200MB PF. :\