What's new

Mupen64Plus 1.5 svn Build for windows

ZachThibeau

hey guys, I got tired of waiting for a windows port of the mupen64plus emulator to windows (there was 1 but it was only 1.3 and it was gtk, this build here is the latest 1.5 svn trunk buil, the plugins are a bit dated as those ones came from the old 1.3 release since this build refused to make the current ones for me. Mind you I am not the author of mupen64plus.

Authors of mupen64plus are: Richard42 DarkJeztr Tillin9 and the others of the mupen64plus team

MD5 (for the geeks): B1EBAFCCD3E9F12286B159EA09FE0485

download link: Mupen64Plus 1.5 for Windows

if people want I can make an installer for the windows build too

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you forgot to remove the .svn folders.

iconv.dll should be libiconv2.dll.

Several files in the plugins folder are not plugins at all and should be loaded from the main executables directory (dependencies)

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
and what part of that makes you think its JABO's rsp?

Its a collaborative effort between Zilmar and Jabo, it is not either ones RSP, it is just the PJ64 RSP.

Pyromanik

I suggest the build is dodgy then.
The whole point of the plugin system is that they're interchangable.

But for the meantime I'd have to recommend you stick with Hacktraux's win32 RSP plugin. The major differences between it and m64p's is the types being changed for 64 bit compatibility.

Slougi

I suggest the build is dodgy then.
The whole point of the plugin system is that they're interchangable.

It's not necessarily a dodgy build, it just demonstrates that the port is incomplete/unpolished. And no, I really haven't had extra time to work on it lately.

OP
Z

ZachThibeau

sorry guys for not responding, been busy with bills and work and more bills :/ anyways I'll try and fix things abit

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Any chance of adding back the Windows port?

Yes. We're in the middle of re-designing the architecture of the emulator in order to make it more portable and maintainable. This will allow us to not just make hacked-up one-off releases (which is all that's been done in the past), but a real maintainable cross-platform emulator supporting both Windows and Unix-based systems.

Those who are interested may check out the design proposal and new API, which is being developed at:

http://mupen64plus.emuwiki.com

Ven0m

I've taken the liberty of reading your proposals and I like your ideas. The best of luck for you on version 2.0 and it'll be great! :)

Destroya03

Can someone please compile the latest svn for windows?

Can someone please compile the latest svn for windows?

For some reason, i keep getting a compile error every time I try...

On the first post of this thread, the link is broken!

Please fix this!

:mupen64:

Ven0m

Yeah, and it lacks stuff like video, audio and RSP plugins and you need to manually create the save folder.

What's the best plugins to use?

Last edited:

Destroya03

Ya, it does lack audio, video, and RSP plugins. I tried many from project 64, and 1964... None of those seem to work...

I really want to get this emulator to work, because it has a lot of fixes, and is actually updated.

If you can find an plugins that work well with this, please post it!