What's new

GlideHQ - texture enhancements module for Glide64

The Siskoo

Hello,

I made some quick test, here results :

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : Glide 64 Wonder Plus, GlideHQ

Bio Hazard 2 (J) [!] --> GFX messed (Pic 1 : test with Glide 64 Wonder + / Pic 2 : test with Glide HQ)
Mario Golf (E) [!] --> GFX messed (Pic 3 : test with Glide 64 Wonder + / Pic 4 : test with Glide HQ)
Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.0) [!] --> GFX messed (Pic 5 : test with Glide 64 Wonder + / Pic 6 : test with Glide HQ)

I don't change settings, all by default.

OP
Gonetz

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Yes, I see. Filtering/enhacement of wide and narrow textures can be not very effective. Mario Kart ingame looks fine.

The Siskoo

Yup, in game seems nice.

Texture filters and texture enhancement works in fullscreen. In the future, do you expect to add this to windowed mode ?

After several tests (in windowed mode), FPS are not very good, some clues ?

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
The Siskoo, there is a new release in emux's thread :bouncy:

maybe it can help =]

KoolSmoky's quote:
I'm also posting a new version of GlideHQ. The smooth and sharp filters did not kick in if they are the only ones set. I've also cleaned up the code so it is somewhat more readable.

indeed, GlideHQ is GREAT and rocks! :king:

The Siskoo

Thanks Ggab ^^
Typo problem with tooltips (not really important) :
On Screen Info --> FPS Transparent and Clock enabled --> reccomended !!!

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : Glide 64 Wonder Plus, GlideHQ03 (KoolSmoky version)

64 Oozumou (J) [!] --> low FPS in game (3-4 FPS)
All-Star Baseball 2000 (E) [!] --> Weird bug. Launch 1964, runs the game, it seems to work properly (pic 1). Now launch 1964, run any game that you want, stop the game, run All Star Baseball 2000 and you'll get gfx messed (pic 2).

Another bug :
- Check "Cache Textures to system memory"
- Launch 1080 Snowboarding (for example) via 1964.
- Go on Plugins --> Video settings --> push Ok
- After few second, you'll get an error message "80114A9C : Exception in emulation thread".
- Relaunch the game, and the game runs.
- If you don't check "Cache........", there is no error message.

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
Huge News!

check this OUT ;)

koolsmoky's quote:

Preliminary support for Hi-Res Textures in action!

Hi, guys. Don't get your hopes up too high. :p ATM, GlideHQ is using it's own texture identification so I have to go into the hi-res packs and modify them to work. Rice's texture identification scheme is going to take some time to get done but Gonetz has cracked open some important things so we're getting closer.

Here's Zelda with the hi-res shield texture from Federelli's Z3LDA texture pack. The amount of textures in the pack is huge! Definitely have to finish Rice's identification to get this treat working. :)

it's just.....AWESOME! :drool:

GAB