(From readme.txt)

*** v0.56 WIP 2 ***
- Bug Fix release... nothing much new
- Finally received Project64 1.6
- Hydro Thunder and Tarzan work well by using Project64 1.6's
- Fixed those nasty SP_DMA_READ Errors
- Fixed hangups in all roms which worked before
- Eliminated some pops and crackles in games that shouldn't have them
- And no... configuration has not been changed (least of my worries)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yay, an update *gets to testing* will edit post once i've done some.

edit: definitely got rid of the crashing bugs, thanks for the update! :D

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

Sweet release all nasty messages are gone :)

1) Top gear rally still doesn't boot, even with PJ64 Audiofix. was working with 0.55.1 with Pj64audiofix, even if sound was not very good.

Please notice that Stunt racer and World driver championship suffers the same problem (to get gfx use last Rice video plugin)

2) i noticed that there is now "crispy" sounds that was not in the first release : the more obvious is with Beetle Adv Racing: the sound is crispy with this release and was perfect witht the first release (but i got the message in games)

3) 1964: sometimes i get a thread errors (need to close and open again the emu and it works: weird ?) ,hangings, in some games sound is disappearing, or there is no more music but still ambient sound. Weird. it was working quite well with first release i think. :(
(ex: DK64, SFRush 2049, Iggy's Reakin' Balls )

Last edited:

Extreme184X

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
Some Testings:with pj64 either with Jabo v1.6 or Rice Video v6.1.1 Beta 10

Cruis'n USA - Works Perfect at 60fps(this was tested with jabo 1.6)

Cruis'n World - (Game Works Now)Audio runs too fast, if you enable "Force old audio Sync" or turn off "Emulate /Simulate AI" the game runs ar 35fps. No way to make the audio at normal speed.(this was tested with jabo 1.6 & With Rice v6.1.1b10)

Cruis'n Exotica - works at 60fps(this was tested with jabo 1.6) if you activate activate "Super 2XSai texture" and "Always use Texture Filter" in jabos plugin, speed randomly goes from 45fps to 60 fps during races. Dont no if this is a video plugin issue, but thats what happens when you activate them.

Hydro Thunder - Works Great, Music during races sound much better than wip 1.(this was tested with Rice v6.1.1b10)

Legend of Zelda OOT - Works perfect during gameplay(this was tested with Rice v6.1.1b10), causes the emulator to crash when reseting(pressing F1) when having "Load High-Res texture if available" activated in rices plugin.

Legend of Zelda MM - Same as ocarina of time.

More to come.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
(Using PJ64 1.6 w/Jabo's 1.6 D3D8 plugin)
Games with faster-than-normal audio - The Legend of Zelda: OOT, Goemon's Great Adventure, Hybrid Heaven, and others.

Games with slow FPS w/old audio-synching on - Mystical Ninja 64, The Legend of Zelda: OOT, GGA, Bomberman 64, Hybrid Heaven

Games with less than 50% FPS with this plugin - FZeroX

Games with normal sound/FPS - Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, Banjo Kazooie,
Banjio Tooie, Hydro Thunder, Mario Golf 64, etc.

Games that still crash - Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, Killer Instinct Gold, etc.

EDIT (5/9/05) - Keep in mind that this plugin has improved alot over the previous releases. I do not intend to insult Azimer's project. Besides, I don't know jack about computer programming.

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
In Resident Evil 2.

Audio stutters in the main menu, but not on the options menu. Then if the "Resident Evil 2" voice lasts too long, then the voice during the introduction sequence won't appear.

Jesterhead

Nice work, all games i´ve tested work (i´ve tried only booting and waited for the first sounds), only Banjo-Tooie crashed the first time started, but only once, so it mustn´t be your plugins fault.

Reznor007

Azimer, I noticed you were talking about the surround sound options in an earlier thread, and have the answer for you. The N64 only supports stereo of course, so the audio stream will look basically the same. The surround option in games changes the way the game does its stereo calculations so that a sound that would be behind the player is given a different phase or is assigned to both speakers at once. Then, you connect the N64 stereo audio outputs to your stereo system and turn on Dolby ProLogic(aka Dolby Surround or ProLogic2 if you have it) decoding, which takes the sound ques and applies them to the proper speaker in a surround system.

The stuff that actually does the surround encoding is the game's sound program itself, not anything special in the N64 hardware. Some SNES games have the same options, and ProLogic2 games on Gamecube use the exact same thing.

To do auto-detection in your plugin, you would have to check the CRC of the game and a certain data address(game specific) that holds the game's audio config(stereo/surround) and if that matches a table of known surround capable games then turn on surround decoding.

ggab

Emutalk Member
Reznor007 said:
To do auto-detection in your plugin, you would have to check the CRC of the game and a certain data address(game specific) that holds the game's audio config(stereo/surround) and if that matches a table of known surround capable games then turn on surround decoding.
sounds too difficult to implement........

PS: excellent plugin :) keep up your great work, carrying the whole N64's scene towards the perfection :)

Poobah

There is no need for auto detection. The plugin could easily always try to do the decoding (like what most receivers will do), or have a user option to enable or disable it.

Harlock

I tested all my games with PJ64 and 1964 (Rice 6.1.0 and Azis WIP2)
Well, some games that did not work well before now work perfectly like San Francisco Rush 2049. Also Fighting Force works brilliant at last!!! THANKS.

BUT: I can't get Hydro Thunder running...black screen and emulation hangs...

also some other games still show the black screen and nothing else...

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
isnt there somewhere a dolby sourround prologic -_live_- filter? something like ffdshow or something that can do that (just like ac3 decompressing and assigning the sound to the right speaker)?

Reznor007

FloW3184 said:
isnt there somewhere a dolby sourround prologic -_live_- filter? something like ffdshow or something that can do that (just like ac3 decompressing and assigning the sound to the right speaker)?

You're thinking of Dolby Digital Live, which is AC3, not ProLogic. That just takes your 6 channel PC audio and compresses it to AC3 for output to a 5.1 receiver. It doesn't do ProLogic decoding then AC3 encoding though.

otomo

I`ve noticed some sort of problem with state loading, sometimes it freezes the game and sometimes it won`t load at all, and in hydro thunder the first few times an state is loaded, it will work ok, then it will start loading without sound and a game reset is needed.

Pongi

Awesome work Azimer! I'm using this with PJ64 1.6 and the games I've tested (albiet a few; Mario64, Zelda:OOT, PD, Doom64 etc..) have ran wonderfully with this plugin. No Snap-Crackle-and Pop anymore. So far I haven't found any glitches attributed to the plugin, so far so good.

I hope you keep up the excellent work! (All hail Azimer!) :party:

Reznor007

ggab said:
sounds too difficult to implement........

PS: excellent plugin :) keep up your great work, carrying the whole N64's scene towards the perfection :)

Not really. I don't know if audio plugins have full access to the emulated RAM, but it would be fairly easy if they can. It would be like a Gameshark cheat that only monitors that 1 variable.

Windman

Sorry for my bad language but I'm French and don't speak good English, but I try !!!

I had a big crash while launching Zelda Ocarina of Time : all stopped and it shows the famous Windows blue screen !!! I tried it twice.
I scared to run the plugin again.
Did I something I should'nt ?

Edit : I forgot to say that after it, I lose all the settings of half of my games.

Last edited:
OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
More information is necessary. i.e. Operating System, System specs, DX version, version of Project 64 you are using...

I personally can only support Windows 2000 or better. BSOD tends to be Win9x related. :(

Legend

Just wanted to thank you for making the best audio plugin to date-I've been emulating 64 for many years so I know what I'm talking about. I'm using your plugin for EVERY one of my games.
The near perfect sound does make up for crashing 1964 after I try playing another game. But I do hope that compatability problem is something you might work on. Also, the music speed in Mario party 1 is quite irratic but that's probably something to do with 1964's speed limiting calculations or something. Oh well, thanks again and glad to hear the emu scene had'nt actually lost you. :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.