What's new

This will allow you to export geometry WITH textures

Lemmy

UPDATE: Read this post and then download the version a few posts below. It will export the textures as seperate bmps which is nicer.

Although i posted this earlier already I thought I'd repost because it was difficult to find. This plugin will allow you to extract the geometry WITH inline textures.

Be sure to create the folder C:\VRML before. Then go to video settings in-game and activate the option. It is suggested to do this while the game is running, because otherwise you would have to wait a long time (dumping is slow).

The old vrml files i exported had a little syntax error thats why they didn't import in Cinema 4D. The new ones will do just fine. Unfortunately Cinema4D handles transparency differently than vrml so it is difficult to put that data in the vrml file as well....it might be possible to come up with a solution in the future...

Have fun

P.S.: If anyone creates Quake maps etc from this, please post the links in this thread!

Last edited:
OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

attachment.php

Files provided by @tonemgub

I'm also looking for these files:

LemD3D8.dll
LemD3D9.dll (latest/stable version)
LemCombineDebugger.dll

I tried searching a lot, but I couldn't find any working links. Mirrors were down also... :down:
Edit: After painful searching, I found them! Attached. Hopefully it is useful to someone. :bounce:

Attachments

• LemD3D8.rar
    203.1 KB · Views: 2,459
  • LemD3D9 r22.zip
    135.4 KB · Views: 5,249
  • LemCombineDebugger.zip
    287.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • xena.jpg
    xena.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 5,515
Last edited by a moderator:

Gorxon

Administrator
Very nice, but any idea why it wont import in 3D studio max? I thought VRML was very standard, but 3dsmax gives me lots of error and complains about it not being a valid file.

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

Gorxon said:
Very nice, but any idea why it wont import in 3D studio max? I thought VRML was very standard, but 3dsmax gives me lots of error and complains about it not being a valid file.

Hrm I don't have 3dsmax so i can't test :(

You could try modifying the file in notepad...try deleting almost all tags and then re-add them carefully....just make sure you get the hierarchy right....if you tell me whats the problem i can try fixing it.

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, rebuilding it is a too complicated task for me to do it. I wouldn't know what to look for either. But the error message I get is: "VRML read error: Not enough entries in SFImage field."
I dunno if that gave you an idea about what to do further, but I hope so... :)

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

Try this one

Gorxon said:
Well, rebuilding it is a too complicated task for me to do it. I wouldn't know what to look for either. But the error message I get is: "VRML read error: Not enough entries in SFImage field."
I dunno if that gave you an idea about what to do further, but I hope so... :)

Try this dll. It now uses BMP files instead of inline textures. Plus it will also store the secondary textures and alpha textures for each object.

Gorxon

Administrator
Hmm...it imported now, however there's no textures on the object (mario's head is plain red for instance). I guess MAX is a bit picky on how the format should be...?

-edit-
I attached the mario's head thing as VRML exported from 3dsmax after opening your plugin's dump. I dunno if it is of any help though, since I dont think it contains any texture coordinates.

Last edited:
OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

Gorxon said:
Hmm...it imported now, however there's no textures on the object (mario's head is plain red for instance). I guess MAX is a bit picky on how the format should be...?

-edit-
I attached the mario's head thing as VRML exported from 3dsmax after opening your plugin's dump. I dunno if it is of any help though, since I dont think it contains any texture coordinates.

Mario's head is not textured anyway. Thats not the best example to show that you don't get textures :) Try a game like zelda

ModelingMan

I'll be testing your updated plugin later Lemmy.

Here is something I did with your previous plugin:
sidemotorbike.jpg

I had to retexture him, which was the worst part, but it was worth it in the end.

If anyone else would like this player model in GTA-VC you can get it here

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

ModelingMan said:
I'll be testing your updated plugin later Lemmy.

Here is something I did with your previous plugin:
I had to retexture him, which was the worst part, but it was worth it in the end.

If anyone else would like this player model in GTA-VC you can get it here

Haha that one is cool :) does the new plugin with textures work for you?

Which games can be enhanced with custom models like this?

ModelingMan

Unfortunately your new plugin doesn't work, it crashes the emulation and brings up this message:

Image108.jpg

Any help?

Lemmy said:
Which games can be enhanced with custom models like this?
Probably any game that can be modded.

Gorxon

Administrator
Lemmy said:
Mario's head is not textured anyway. Thats not the best example to show that you don't get textures :) Try a game like zelda

Doh, of course...didn't think about that. Zelda worked with textures.
Thanks a lot for the help :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Kick ass Lemmy. Thanks alot! Now I can finally study Jabu Jabu.. :p

edit: I don't get any textures with a Zelda dump of Zora's Fountain.. I'm using Deep Exploration which worked with your previous plugin, now this is what I get:

edit 2: Nevermind, I'm a dumbass. :D I downloaded the one which exports to bmps and it works great! Thanks again. :) Also, aren't the polygons supposed to be smoothed? Also it seems there's no transperency in the textures.

Last edited:

Viper_Viper

I dont know what went wrong, but look what happend in 3Ds Max. This is Super Mario 64.

Update 1: I figured out that somthing goes wrong when I try to invert everything. I collapse everything so i can flip all the faces to make it look normal, and thats when the textures get screwed up.

Last edited:

JvsJ MediaWo

GameDesigner
ModelingMan said:
Unfortunately your new plugin doesn't work, it crashes the emulation and brings up this message:

Image108.jpg

Any help?

Probably any game that can be modded.

I have that problem too. How can I solve this?

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

JvsJ MediaWo said:
I have that problem too. How can I solve this?

It requires a pixel shaders cart, so you probably won't be able to use it, sorry.

O

overkill

I'm new to this and I get an error while trying to load the plugin. I assume you just need to replace the dll.