What's new

Some screen shots that you should expect to see with 5.2.0

Allnatural

Here are some of my observations, and some screens. Combiner was set To Fit your Video Card, unless otherwise noted. System specs are here.

Mario Tennis using various settings:

Last edited:

Allnatural

The DX opening above is fixed with software TnL enabled.

This one is just weird. It is a (U) rom with an English title, but if I set the OpenGL combiner to 1.2/1.3 or 1.4, this is the title screen:

Allnatural

Zelda has a bug(?) similar to Mario Tennis. It is also a (U) rom, but here is the name select screen, regardless of combiner type:

Trotterwatch

This one is just weird. It is a (U) rom with an English title, but if I set the OpenGL combiner to 1.2/1.3 or 1.4, this is the title screen:

Yeah I reported that, apparently the (U) version of the game just overdraws the (J) versions title screen (or something like that). The graphics plugin just isn't drawing the proper one for some reason.

Allnatural

Trotterwatch said:
Yeah I reported that, apparently the (U) version of the game just overdraws the (J) versions title screen (or something like that). The graphics plugin just isn't drawing the proper one for some reason.
Yeah, kind of drew that conclusion. So I assume it's the same with Zelda?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You may have seen my comments in other thread that frame buffer features are not supported in OpenGL, but in DirectX only.

The Mario Tennis title screen (U version, but title in Japanese) problem is known for OpenGL. It happens to some video card, not on my own video card. The reason is that the English title screen should be drawn over the Japanese title screen. For some reason, the English title screen is not drawn. Since OpenGL does not support frame buffer, you may want to turn the frame buffer feature off if you want to use OpenGL instead of DX.

Allnatural

Rice said:
You may have seen my comments in other thread that frame buffer features are not supported in OpenGL, but in DirectX only.
Sorry, I must have overlooked that. :flowers:

Burnpro

Supar ***
it just me or every rom i got got messy gfx and i need to tweak all settings to make it somewhat "look" playable??

those screenies that rice posted seemed too good to be true.. cmon i have the same vid card as him and i cannot get to those perfect looking games ..

please any help is welcomed..

Trotterwatch

I'm going to guess that the latest forcewares have messed things up for a lot of Geforce users.

Try downgrading a driver version or two.