What's new

Mupen64Plus-Qt

OP
P

Presence

If you're changing the plugin directory from the default, make sure you copy over all the .dylib files from mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/ to whatever directory you chose, otherwise they won't show. Mupen64Plus-Qt (and Mupen64Plus) only check in one folder for plugins.

spotanjo3

I did and everything is there. However, according to log:

UI-Console Error: Specified Video plugin not found: mupen64plus-video-GLideN64

Not found ? The settings are showing that its there just fine with every plugins reappear as you said. Its there in the plugin but it won't runt the game. I tried to rename .dll to .dylib and it got bad error so I rename it back to .dll. Does that mean .dll isn't recognized to run the game anyway ? Maybe its for win32 inside the folder that I downloaded from glide64 site. Mine is MAC OS X, you know.

Last edited:
OP
P

Presence

That's because you're trying to load a Windows library on Mac OSX. It won't work. I think GLideN64 is going to support Mac OSX eventually, but that's not the case currently.

spotanjo3

That's because you're trying to load a Windows library on Mac OSX. It won't work. I think GLideN64 is going to support Mac OSX eventually, but that's not the case currently.

That's what I thought. I check the GLideN64 site for MAC OS X and its not there. :(

OP
P

Presence

Scraping times out every time with the latest version.

Could you provide more information? What OS are you using? Does the progress window show at all? If it does, does it update partway before timing out?

Does it show the message "Request timed out. Check your network settings."?

tony971

Could you provide more information? What OS are you using? Does the progress window show at all? If it does, does it update partway before timing out?

Does it show the message "Request timed out. Check your network settings."?

I'm on Windows 10. The progress window shows and progresses through all of the games that already have metadata scraped, but hangs on any games without. I get the "Request timed out" message, continue on through more games with existing metadata, and get another "Request timed out" for each game with missing metadata. Trying to update each game manually results in the same message.

Edit: Tried again and it worked fine. Weird, since my internet was working when I reported this. I was even browsing theGamesDB.net at the time.

OP
P

Presence

It's possible their API could have been down or have been overloaded for some reason and taking longer than 10 seconds to respond (that's how long Mupen64Plus-Qt waits). I've run into this before, but the entire thegamesdb.net site was down for ~1 hour or so.

Mupen64Plus-Qt makes requests to the GetGame.php script to fetch game information. For example:
http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?name=Super Mario 64&platform=Nintendo 64
http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?id=161&platform=Nintendo 64

There's not much I can do if a request to that script takes forever to respond (I think 10 seconds is a reasonable time to wait), other than show a message and allow the user to decide if they want to continue. Still though, thanks for reporting.

OP
P

Presence

Yes. You shouldn't have any issues loading hi-res textures. Anything you can do with the console UI you can do with this, though I don't provide any helpers for setting up hi-res textures.

pene12

Can anyone tell me how i use high-res textures with m64py?
Dir hires_texture and enabled "highres textures" in the settings doesnt work.

EDIT:
Ok, wrong folder, found it. How can i change the folder to the programm dir? To make the software (more) "portable"?

EDIT2:
Only in the cfg. :(

Last edited:

Bluerose

./mupen64plus-qt retuns:

/mupen64plus-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where does one find libquazip1 for 64bit Ubuntu? ( I am on 14.04 and read on this thread that it is not included until the 14.10 distribution. I have tried to resolve this following the install instructions on the Github:

Building with Qt4

Install the Qt4 dependencies instead. On Debian/Ubuntu:

# apt-get install qt4-qmake g++ libqt4-dev libquazip-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite

(this part worked fine).. but the next part has me really confused. Its seems like incomplete instructions.

Then create the Makefile with qmake and build with make:

$ qmake-qt4
$ make

after running qmake-qt4 I only get:

Usage: qmake-qt4 [mode] [options] [files]

and a list of commands. I cam really new to compiling and Ubuntu. Can anyone help ?

Last edited:
OP
P

Presence

pene12: You'll probably want to pose those questions in the m64py thread.

./mupen64plus-qt retuns:

/mupen64plus-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where does one find libquazip1 for 64bit Ubuntu? ( I am on 14.04 and read on this thread that it is not included until the 14.10 distribution. I have tried to resolve this following the install instructions on the Github:

Building with Qt4

Install the Qt4 dependencies instead. On Debian/Ubuntu:

# apt-get install qt4-qmake g++ libqt4-dev libquazip-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite

(this part worked fine).. but the next part has me really confused. Its seems like incomplete instructions.

Then create the Makefile with qmake and build with make:

$ qmake-qt4
$ make

after running qmake-qt4 I only get:

Usage: qmake-qt4 [mode] [options] [files]

and a list of commands. I cam really new to compiling and Ubuntu. Can anyone help ?

Run those commands in the same directory that contains mupen64plus-qt.pro. You'll need to clone the repository (git clone https://github.com/dh4/mupen64plus-qt) or download tar/zip of the source tree rom the GitHub page.

You can also just download the development build here. It no longer requires libquazip1 as I've been linking quazip statically with the latest builds. This will be true of the release version once I create the next release.

superresistant

Thanks for your work Presence but I cannot make it works.
I am not sure if I have all the requirements.

- CEN64 executable : I guess it is the "mupen64plus" file from mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5 but I am not sure.
- PIF IPL file : I guess it is the "pifdata.bin" that I found somewhere on the Internet.
- 64DD IPL file : I found a "64DD_IPL.n64" on the Internet. I am not sure this file is needed thought.
- ROM catalog : This file I cannot find it, any search give me confusing results.

The further attempt to launch a ROM lead me to this error message :

Code:
UI-Console Error: dlopen('/usr/local/lib/libmupen64plus.so.2') failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
UI-Console Error: dlopen('./libmupen64plus.so.2') failed: ./libmupen64plus.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
UI-Console Error: AttachCoreLib() Error: failed to find Mupen64Plus Core library

It seems that I have to install something else so I followed some of the instructions from an other forum :

Code:
sudo apt-get install xstow
cd /tmp
wget "https://mupen64plus.googlecode.com/files/mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5.tar.gz"
tar -xf mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5.tar.gz
cd mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5
sudo ./install.sh /usr/local/stow/mupen64plus-2.5 # install into specific prefix
cd /usr/local/stow
sudo find mupen64plus-2.5 -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \+ # fix directory permissions
sudo xstow mupen64plus-2.5 # creates symlinks in /usr/local/{bin,share} and so on
cd ~
echo 'PATH=/usr/local/bin:${PATH}' >> .bashrc
source .bashrc
mupen64plus # should work now

And.. It didn't do anything.

Someone said on an other forum that I should compile mupen from source to fix all problems.
What do you guys think ?

It is funny because I've been doing emulation for years on Windows but since I switched to Linux I never successfully launched a single ROM.

Last edited:
OP
P

Presence

You've got multiple problems there. First, looks like you're using CEN64-Qt which won't work with Mupen64Plus. Download Mupen64Plus-Qt here.

The launcher will be useless though unless you get Mupen64Plus working.

The problem:
Code:
failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This error means the executable you downloaded is linked against a library that is not present on your system (Debian and Ubuntu don't have a package in their repos that contains that version of libpng AFAIK). You could recompile Mupen64Plus to link against the version of libpng on your system, but a much easier way to get things working is to just install Mupen64Plus from your distribution's repos. Assuming you're using Debian or Ubuntu, this should work:
Code:
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus

Then, the Mupen64Plus executable should appear at /usr/games/mupen64plus. Mupen64Plus-Qt should auto-detect this the next time you run it.

superresistant

You've got multiple problems there. First, looks like you're using CEN64-Qt which won't work with Mupen64Plus. Download Mupen64Plus-Qt here.
The launcher will be useless though unless you get Mupen64Plus working.
The problem: failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
This error means the executable you downloaded is linked against a library that is not present on your system (Debian and Ubuntu don't have a package in their repos that contains that version of libpng AFAIK). You could recompile Mupen64Plus to link against the version of libpng on your system, but a much easier way to get things working is to just install Mupen64Plus from your distribution's repos. Assuming you're using Debian or Ubuntu, this should work:
sudo apt-get install mupen64plus
Then, the Mupen64Plus executable should appear at /usr/games/mupen64plus. Mupen64Plus-Qt should auto-detect this the next time you run it.

Thanks for your help sir.

mendus

Hi [MENTION=110868]Presence[/MENTION].

I have some trouble when updating plugins (i.e., replacing GLideN64 with a newer version). When I delete the older mupenplus-video-GLideN64.dll and put the new one in mupen64plus directory, launching from command line effectively uses the new plugin, but launching from mupen64Qt uses the older plugin (the one that has been deleted from the directory). Changing stuff in the settings was no use.

Do you know why this is happening? Changing the filename helps, but if I rename back to the name the older plugin used to have, it starts loading the incorrect one again.

P.S. I am using Windows 8.

OP
P

Presence

What do you mean when you say it uses the older plugin? Does it actually load the older version of GLideN64 or just attempt to load it? If it's actually loading it then that dll file is still there.

Could you post the output of 'View Log' after a failed launch? What does your video dropdown under Settings->Configure->Plugins show?

mendus

It is loading it without the file being there. There is another file with the same name, but it loads the one I deleted.

Process in detail:
1. There is an old version of the plugin "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll" in "<path>\mupen64plus2.5" which has been selected in the launcher.
2. I delete it.
3. I download a new version of "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll", decompress it and place it in "<path>\mupen64plus2.5".
4. I enter the launcher, change plugin directory to anything. Change plugin directory back to "<path>\mupen64plus2.5".
5. Select "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll"

When I launch a game the older revision is used (the one that is no longer in "<path>\mupe64plus2.5").

I hope it is clearer.

Mupen64plus log is correct.