What's new

Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
No online support what-so-ever... Do you see a place to chose such a plug-in in the options? No you don't. (That's a good hint I think)

gogogo

Good Question

That's one of the questions I want to ask.

I know it is no possible to do it now, but will there be a Multiplayers networking program or Plugin in the future?

So, my friends and I can play R.Racer64(in different computers) together.

gumleef

if someone was smart enough, they could prolly make a controller plugin that took input from over the network for controllers 2,3&4.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Not sure if it'll ever happen with PJ64, but there are plenty of other emus that will be jast as good as PJ64 in say, 2-10 years, somewhere in there ;)

For now you can always have 2 players at a computer

conkerman

conkerman
if i remember correctly, someone posted on the nemu board that they played online with it(it might have been jabo or someother author who gets the betas) and they said that they did it. but, it was slow. also, if someone wanted to do it, they could. i think that writing a netplay plugin or something would be easier than writing an n64 emulator and thats been done already so netplay will happen, just not with a good framerate or good compatability for a while
conkerman

Glurak

nootes inputplugin ahs kaillera support (=netplay) but i don't know if it works and how good it works... also 1964 has kaillera support...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
yes glurak you are right, noote had a plugin that allowed that. i played it online with about 3 FPS

i also posted a step by step guide to how to play home network or online which was later simplified by CLSugarman on the old board.
the reason zilmar didn't implant it in pj is because there is no computer at the time of writing that can play over network with full speed or even close.

someone(i don't remeber who) explained why the n64 just isn't intended for netplay (speedwise, that is).

i would repeat the explanation but i'm afraid my english just isn't that good:(

OP
G

GoodBye

I'm playing Goldeneye 007 for the Emulator and you can play four players if you want. I was saying is there a plugin for the PJ64 to play multiplayer on two computers(2 player) or four computers(4 players)?

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
We all know what you were asking and the awnser stated above was NO NO NO, many times. Go read it ^ if you don't believe me

Status
Not open for further replies.