What's new

emulator general questions

alexshannon97

i want to know what emulators there are that run on a DS lite flashcard, which flashcard is best and if there is an N64 emulator for the DS lite. i also want to play OoT with my WiiMote and Nunchuk. also want to use my Wii stuff for other emulation, but not on my Wii. i want to use it on my PC. i also want to know if i can access my PC over the Wii internet channel. also want to know if i can get a homebrew browser for the DS lite that runs flash, and what flashcard is best for emulation, multimedia, internet, homebrew and if there is a way to translate foreign games into english if they are in Japanese or Spanish or etc

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. There are emulators for the DS that emulate (at least) the Amstrad CPC, the GBA, the GB the SNES, the NES, and the Neo-Geo, and the Sega Master System
2. I don't know about flashcards. There are quite a few though
3. There are no N64 emulators for the DS.
4. The Wii Internet Channel does not give you the option to link it to your computer, nor to download or upload anthing. At least, this is my understanding of it, others can correct me if I'm wrong.
5. You can't use your original Wii games on PC emulators as is. You need to rip them. If you don't know how, don't pursue this question any further.
6. The above also goes with any software you bought from Nintendo's download services.
7. Opera has been ported to the DS, but that's not exactly homebrew
8. Translations don't just happen on the fly. If a game doesn't have multiple languages built-in, or got an official English release, what you seeis what you get. From an emulation standpoint, get English games. Don't get Spanish games, if you don't know spanish. If a game is only in japanese, and it does not have an english commercial release nor a fan translation, again, what you see is what you get.

Last edited:
OP
A

alexshannon97

i meant to use the Wii remote and nunchuk with emulators on my PC. also if i buy a flashcart, i want to get a free homebrew browser so i don't have to pay for the DS browser after i have bought the RAM/rumble pak and FlashCart. the last one was just cus someone recommended ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, but since its in Japanese, i don't think that will work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ah, I see. It is possible to use the Wii controller on PC, though I don't know any details. Search the boards, and you might find your answer.

Toasty

Sony battery
As you know, you'll need a compatible Bluetooth adapter. If you want to be able to 'point' with the Wiimote, you'll also need a "sensor" bar. (Sensor bar is an inaccurate term, as the bar doesn't actually sense anything. It just has a row of infrared LEDs that a camera inside the Wiimote uses to calculate its position. Hence there's no need for the sensor bar to be connected to the PC, only power, as it does not transmit any data to the Wii or emulator.)

TRS

As you know, you'll need a compatible Bluetooth adapter. If you want to be able to 'point' with the Wiimote, you'll also need a "sensor" bar. (Sensor bar is an inaccurate term, as the bar doesn't actually sense anything. It just has a row of infrared LEDs that a camera inside the Wiimote uses to calculate its position. Hence there's no need for the sensor bar to be connected to the PC, only power, as it does not transmit any data to the Wii or emulator.)

You can also use 2 candles in stead of the sensor bar, as long as the lightsource transmits enough infared.

See: Candles used as sensorbar

Toasty

Sony battery
Ha! :happy: I'd heard of using TV remotes but never candles. Will have to break out the power outage gear and try it out...